Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:00:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Out of Water: A Piscine Legacy - Chapter Twenty  (Read 44288 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Medagic

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 20, 2008, 11:51:48 am »

Yeah, I figured that the loss of fins had something to do with custom content and sims game not agreeing, lol!
Ooh... And a twist you say!  In two chapters time?  *Sits down cross-legged with popcorn*

Link: The tights-wearing, puzzle-solving wonder!
"You know, you'd think that after seven dungeons you'd have figured out how to open a door without breaking the key." -Nami (Awkwardzombie.com)
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2008, 03:35:56 pm »

*checks through story* Haha... whoops. It's the one after next, beg your pardon :oops: Still, should be worth the wait, I hope :angel:

Chapter Eighteen

I woke before Lore did today, and decided to while away some time digging in the dirt. She found two treasure chests and two maps; I found three maps and a little Tiki idol. Something tells me we’ll need some shelves to put some of these ornaments, like that blue vase I brought with me. It would look better there than on the desk.

We may be old timers now, but that doesn’t stop us having some close time together. Lore’s love of sunbathing paid off too; I wondered how she’d look with a tan.

The triplets grew from kittens to cats today. We’d been wondering whether to keep Oceana…

Ariel…

…or Aquarius. At least this time it’s easy to tell the cats apart, even though Oceana and Aquarius look very similar. He has a thicker coat, and Oceana has a different eye colour.

All three of them are adorable, though. It was only a phone call from a certain young man that decided the matter in the end.

He was very insistent that we kept Aquarius. I had noticed the amount of time he’d spent with him during his teenage years, and Dylan has a way of making it very hard to say no to him.

Believe it or not, I really hate this part. You can’t not get attached to them all, even though you know you have to give some of them away. What I can suggest though, is that Darya takes them in when she leaves. I’m sure she’ll give them a good home, whether or not she stays with Steve.

With the five cats reduced to three, and the twins now away at University, things had quietened down considerably. We had some time to ourselves – a lot of time, and it got me in the mood for a little chat.

“So,” I began, “Any idea what you’d like to do, now we’re alone again?”
“Yes,” I replied, a smile slowly spreading across my lips as I realised my learning wasn’t quite over, “I’d like to see more of this world. I came to learn more about it, but I’ve heard there’s much still yet to see.”
I grinned in reply as I slapped her leg.
“I was hoping you’d say that,” I smiled, “Well, I’ve found these maps, and it’d be a shame to let them go to waste.”

A new found excitement welled within at the prospect as we began to make plans.
“I’ve been thinking, in fact,” I said, “We could do with buying a holiday home somewhere. It’d be nice for the twins to have a proper honeymoon if they get lucky enough.”
I frowned in puzzlement as I turned back to him. With all I’d learnt through the years, it became apparent that I’d missed one or two details.
“What’s a honeymoon?” I asked.
I smiled sadly as the one regret in my life began to rear its head.
“Something we couldn’t manage at the time,” I began carefully, “It’s a traditional holiday for newly-weds. We can certainly afford to treat them, make sure they don’t miss out like we did.”

“That’s a very nice idea,” I smiled, “Maybe we can visit the different areas first, find out which would be the better spot.”
“Now that’s a good idea,” I smiled. As we rose from our seats, I scooped her into my arms as we finalised the little details.

“Have I told you lately that I love you?”
I chuckled into his ear as he pulled me closer.
“Have I told you lately that I love you too?” I grinned in reply.

Raquel has made a habit of inviting herself inside lately. I’m not sure why… although I have the funny feeling it involves a cat called Pisces. I knew I’d forgotten something…

I felt I needed a change of clothes, and thought to buy some more suitable attire for our holiday. Teddy made very subtle hints about sleeping under the stars, bringing up the time I had to sleep in a tent because I couldn’t afford a bed. I did warn him that one didn’t sleep too well in a tent, although I did admit that the experience itself was very pleasant, and worth repeating on the basis that, this time, I had a choice. So we booked a mountain holiday and chose to stay at a campsite.

When I returned from the shops, I called the adoption service so I could deliver my promise to Raquel, and hand over Pisces to her. She and her new cat remained in the house for a while, and on noting the shops were still open, all this talk of cats reminded me of one more thing I needed to do.

Namely buy Aquarius a mate. I chose a Ragdoll I named Amphitrite, after the sea goddess and consort of Poseidon. I learned well of my mistake with Hydra – I will never name a cat after a fierce creature ever again.

Amphi really is a darling, and her laid back manner makes a refreshing change from the hyperactive cats darting about the house. She even gets on well with strange animals – that has to be a good sign.

With everything now taken care of, it was time for us to leave. My lip curled in disdain at the thought of leaving our house in the care of that nanny, but pets are easier to look after than children. Although I hear there’s an intelligent creature in the mountains that is very friendly, and is even open to new surroundings like I was. It would be wonderful to meet with someone else in the same position I started in, and if he wishes to come back with us, so much the better. Since this is but the first of our travels, I would feel far happier letting him stay with the cats next time.

No requests please
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:43 pm »

Great update!! Will wait patiently for next update.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
rachel631

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2008, 04:46:43 am »

Oooh... I've never had bigfoot move in. It'll be like that TV show... Bigfoot and the Hendersons!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2008, 06:05:40 am »

Thanks guys Smiley

@rachel: LOL I had him move in once before, in a different 'hood, but didn't play the family much (if at all) after that. I had more of a play in this game, and I have to say it got pretty amusing at times Cheesy

No requests please
ilovejb3443

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2008, 10:39:53 am »

I've added this to my fastly growing favorite legacy stories. =]
vinhou

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2008, 04:30:03 am »

Lovely update! Now all we need is a thousand more! Grin

Life isn't bliss.
Life is just this.
It's living.
ktggoodnight

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2008, 09:46:49 pm »

YAY! still sad they ahd to choose between their kids, but i think they made the right choice but im still wondering what teddy's grand plan is!

I am a Jerry Springer/Nip Tuck God in my sims world.
[/COLOR]
Is your sim starring in it?
magma067

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2008, 12:02:32 pm »

ur story is great and the twins are adorable! they have such beautiful skintones-i cant wait 2 see what they look like as they get older!

:tongue8:Tay Tay and Roxi are BFFL
Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live
Nobody ever said you had to be nice, it's just the right thing to do
:tongue7:
TheRandomTeam

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2008, 07:16:42 pm »

srry, that last comment was supposed 2 be on the chapter the twins were born may i ask when the next update is coming? btw i love ur story!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2008, 01:41:59 pm »

Sorry about that, folks. Time's been eaten a little lately - not to mention the dreaded block as well >_< Not a problem for this chapter, but I really need to get my imagination back into gear - I think the academic lit killed it x_x

Thanks for your nice comments anyway Smiley And here's the last of the pre-written updates - wish me luck with the others :smt120

Chapter Nineteen

However much we love the ocean, it was nice to get inland for a while. I had my first taste of fishing shortly after we arrived, and already landed a whopper!

The scenery is truly remarkable here. It is so nice to be among the greenery like this, as well as sample the local delicacies.

I grew a little alarmed at the fact that tourists were allowed to play with axes, however. Still, the campground is supervised, so there should be little problem; none of us wish to be murdered after all. I must say though, playing with them is fun!

I was pleasantly surprised to find the tour guide still out in the evening, but I wasn’t complaining. I decided to book us on a nature trail, and made plans to take advantage of the other two while we were there.

I finally got to spend the night in a tent. Although sleeping was the last thing on our minds…

“So this is what it’s like in a tent, eh?” I remarked with a cheeky grin.
Oh, we may be older now, but there’s plenty of life in us yet!

The one mistake we made was to travel during Autumn – up here it’s in the grip of Winter. I needed to thaw out, and Lore needed to make sure she didn’t turn bluer than she already was – I actually grew worried about her, remembering that she’s a cold-blooded creature. We’ll both need to wrap up during our stay here.

That didn’t stop us indulging in a spot of log-rolling though, after it warmed up a little. It was about one-all before we finished – and I noticed that she kept her legs when she fell into the water. Given that she’s living among humans, I have to say that’s a good thing.

I had never experienced a massage before, and I found myself with the wish to learn how it was done. Luckily the masseur was only too happy to teach me, and I started to wonder if we should buy a table once we get back home.

While Lore was learning the art of massage, I tried out the sauna. You wouldn’t think something like this would be beneficial or relaxing, but it’s both. I would recommend it to anyone, although you do need a shower afterwards.

We met with the creature known as Bigfoot later on, and it was my turn to try my hand at fishing. It was a far cry from just diving into the water, but this is much more convenient, and you also get to chat with others partaking in the same activity. The Bigfoot introduced himself as Andre, and was incredibly pleasant.

Wow, look what I caught! I thought we couldn’t catch golden trout with our limited fishing skills, but both Lore and I managed to catch one! This is getting mounted back home without a doubt; to eat it would be sacrilege.

We made a return trip to the spa to recharge a little. Lore needed another massage, while I treated myself to a soak in the spring.

These local people are a curious folk. It was interesting to learn of the different greetings they used though.

We also learned another way to dance. It was another, more seasoned tourist that we found dancing in this way, although a local woman joined us later on.

We visited Andre for a second time, and Teddy decided to kick a little ball between us. Andre was just as good with his feet, and seemed to enjoy the game as much as we did.

Andre grew very interested about my way of life among these humans, and was asking me all sorts of questions. I gave my reasons for leaving the ocean, and admitted that I had led a very fulfilling life since coming to live on dry land.

It was him who asked to come back with us. It seemed he looked up to me as an inspiration or something like that; he saw how content I had become and wanted a taste of that himself. I must admit, it will be refreshing to have around someone who’s in the same position I once was; in fact I’m the one now doing the teaching.

He seemed to settle well enough when we returned home. Teddy was just pleased to have another excuse to remodel the house a little, while I was happy to have a friend who knows how I used to feel when I first stepped ashore.

No requests please
ilovejb3443

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2008, 05:00:07 pm »

Nice update! Bigfoot is moving on in! Woohoo! I can't wait for more! =]
Devomuffins

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2008, 05:36:13 pm »

Cool, i've never moved him in so I wonder what it will be like.
magma067

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 11, 2008, 08:03:28 pm »

kool, luv the update, cant wait to hear more about andre

:tongue8:Tay Tay and Roxi are BFFL
Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live
Nobody ever said you had to be nice, it's just the right thing to do
:tongue7:
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2008, 06:18:56 am »

LOL Thanks guys Smiley I'd never done much with Bigfoot either; things get pretty funny a few chapters down the line Cheesy

@2B: I honestly can't remember now. I think it's a F2M convert, maybe originally by Peggy. Unless she did actually do a male version (or if it was Rose?) :dontknow: Sorry I can't be more help.

As for next chapter: Mooooooo!

No requests please
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
  Print  

Jump to: