Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 07:20:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash when moving students to dorm  (Read 2193 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Cameo

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »

Hello all, I am new here but not at TSR. About a week ago I was having problems with BV not wanting to load until I was told to delete the groups and accessory cache files. I do that every time now before I load the game and it works. Now I am having a problem with sending teens to collage. I uninstalled Uni and reinstalled and re patched. I get to the part where I choose a dorm for them to live in. The game loads FOREVER and then crashes.

I tried sending a premade student and one I made from CAS and no luck. I am so tired of uninstalling these games, moving folders, sheesh. I posted this at TSR and NOBODY has an answer. I came here because there are so many knowledgeable Simmers.:worship:
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 02:09:23 pm »

If you use mods you may have a problem with one of them. Are you using inteeminator? I know it was causing problems with my sims going off to college at one time, I think one of the flavor paks was conflicting with something. Once I removed the whole folder my problems were gone.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:04:27 pm »

Have you removed all your CC to see if you can move a teen to college?

Is this a Maxis dorm or custom dorm?

Have you entered the dorm in build mode to see if any CC is there?

If it is a mod problem, you can catch it by enabling testing cheats at the neighborhood screen, then try entering the lot.  If the error box pops up, choose Delete.  You should be able to enter the lot then and have a chance to track down the errant mod.

Besides a mod, the crash could be caused by an object mesh that isn't compatible with your game or became corrupted somehow.  Since you haven't made it into the dorm yet, clothing and hair meshes can probably be ruled out because there's no sims at the dorm yet.

Another thing to try would be to give your sim enough money to move into a residential lot rather than the dorm, and see if that works.  If moving into a dorm or house doesn't work, there's probably a mod problem.
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 05:34:09 pm »

The above advice is what I would suggest too.  

A few times when my Sims game took forever to load, I defragged the computer.  This sped it up a lot, but I didn't have any mods installed.  Try getting rid of all custom content/mods and seeing if the crashes persist.

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
Cameo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 03:33:25 pm »

Quote from: AjiDivine;1306921
If you use mods you may have a problem with one of them. Are you using inteeminator? I know it was causing problems with my sims going off to college at one time, I think one of the flavor paks was conflicting with something. Once I removed the whole folder my problems were gone.

Hi, and no I do not have the inteeminator, I don't even know what that is lol.
Cameo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 03:48:09 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1306991
Have you removed all your CC to see if you can move a teen to college?

Is this a Maxis dorm or custom dorm?

Have you entered the dorm in build mode to see if any CC is there?

If it is a mod problem, you can catch it by enabling testing cheats at the neighborhood screen, then try entering the lot.  If the error box pops up, choose Delete.  You should be able to enter the lot then and have a chance to track down the errant mod.

Besides a mod, the crash could be caused by an object mesh that isn't compatible with your game or became corrupted somehow.  Since you haven't made it into the dorm yet, clothing and hair meshes can probably be ruled out because there's no sims at the dorm yet.

Another thing to try would be to give your sim enough money to move into a residential lot rather than the dorm, and see if that works.  If moving into a dorm or house doesn't work, there's probably a mod problem.

Hi there, I don't think I removed the CC folder but will try that. Yes, it is a Maxis Uni lot and no I did not enter any dorms in build mode to see for CC. The lots have never been played.. I do have a collage hack made by twojeffs, I can't recall the name it's collage "something er other" and looks like a stack of phone books but I NEVER even used it and forgot I even had it. I will try and look for it in my dl folder and get rid of it in case if that is the problem and I will also see if I can move them into a cheap house, also remove the dl folders.. I'll let you know what happens and thank you!
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 03:50:11 pm »

TJ's college adjuster works fine.  No need to delete it.  With it being the Maxis dorm, you won't have any CC in it that needs to be checked.
Cameo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 07:40:21 pm »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1308316
TJ's college adjuster works fine.  No need to delete it.  With it being the Maxis dorm, you won't have any CC in it that needs to be checked.

Hi again. I ended up deleting the collage adjuster because it was the only known hack for Uni but after doing that and trying to move student in, my game crashed so that wasn't it. I then moved my dl folder, started the game and select student from bin and moved them in a dorm and no problems, it loaded fine. Now how do I go about finding what file is conflicting? If you say do a "clean install" well I tried dl that and get a constant error so I gave up. Trying to dl the Clean Installer is for another thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: