Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 12:25:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accessories for Toddlers  (Read 2679 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2008, 03:54:18 am »

I have been searching for several days and have found nothing, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

I want to make accessories be available for toddlers as well as all the other age groups.  I know it is possible, as I have seen a lot of items which do that.  How would I go about doing this myself?

I am familiar with meshing/SimPE already, so if it's a bit difficult to do - I'm up for the challenge.

Thank you,
*Ang*
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:07:50 pm by Annoree » Logged

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
BlooM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 05:08:25 pm »

its very simple:

*You take a glasses file in bodyshop and clone it
*Open it with Simpe and delete all the genders and ages except the kids one.(delete the mesh overlay for every age and gender except the kids)
*save the file and clone it again with bodyshop(delete the earlier one Wink)
*Open the new one with Simpe again and you will see all the carbage from other ages and genders will be gone, click the mesh overlay and change the line ''Age''
It still says 0x00000002 (kids) so change it to 0x00000001(toddler) in the value box on the right side.
click commit and save

Your recol(glasses) will now show for the toddler but will be off position as the mesh is designed for kids.
Now you need to attache(link) a mesh package to your recol like you normally do but you can not use the one for kids because the toddler has a diffrent skeleton.

So we need a mesh package made out of toddler files.
The fastest way is to open bodyshop and clone a toddler outfit
You do not have to import it in your game, just the package in your projects folder is enough.

Open simpe again and use the PJSE tool to make a new toddler mesh package by redirecting the tool to your file in your project folder.
Or do it your own way but make sure you fix the intigrity on it and save it Wink

Just make sure you have a toddler mesh package wat you normal use for a outfit.
Then link both the cres and shpe file from that mesh package to your accesoire recolor and your done.

You now can reload your new mesh in the gmdc.

Make sure you use the same meshgroup names or rename them in your recolor file.
It is also smart to delete the subsets you do not need like the lens or rims

Here are 2 examples:
magic wand
toddler boots
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:41:38 am by BlooM » Logged

No longer active
Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:06:59 pm »

Thank you ever so much BlooM - you've helped me, and probably a ton of future people too Wink
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:09:21 pm by Annoree » Logged

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: