Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 02:41:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims are not related to each other anymore. I really need help.  (Read 1487 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
DFBG16

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:52 pm »

I noticed today when I was playing Lilith Pleasant that She didn't even know Angela anymore. Nothing. I brought Angela over, and Lilith aquired the memory of meeting Angela for the first time. She's still in the Pleasant family tree, still related to her parents, still has memories of Angela growing up, winning fights, etc. I went to the Broke household, same problem. Brandi doesn't know Beau, has all the memories, Beau knows she's his mom. I don't know how many others this affected. I can't tell you if it's because a hack, or if this happened after I installed my 7th EP on Sunday (OFB) because I noticed it today, but it's REALLY frustrating, and I want it fixed. Does anyone know why this is happening?

There's also a topic on GameFAQS about this on the Sims 2 Boards (Daisyfanboy) if you want to learn more.

Please help me with this! I'm so frustrated with this and want it fixed ASAP!!!
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 05:46:08 pm »

I'm so frustrated with this and want it fixed ASAP!!!

WOW!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 07:05:41 pm by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 05:57:40 pm »

Cause:
Why it happened is anybody's guess.  You could try running the Hack Conflict Detection Utility (http://www.simwardrobe) and see if you have any conflicts.  Also scan your Downloads folder with Clean Installer, sorting by Type, and delete any 32 character filenames with no type (hacks you didn't know you had that were picked up from downloaded lots).

Fix:
You could also use SimPE to fix the family relationships to get things back to where they should be.  Also get the FFS Lot Debugger from http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/ Click through it and select the various fixes, to include Clear Trash from Memories.

If this happened to me, my biggest concern would be is this a symptom of a bigger problem with the neighborhood, and if it's totally corrupted now.
DFBG16

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 07:04:56 pm »

I'm sorry for being so stupid... and for sounding like it too.  I'm just frustrated because I just wanted to play my game today, and didn't get to because I have no clue how to fix this problem, and want it fixed. I don't know what to do with SimPE (I am honestly computer stupid... >_>) And I feel like, I'm probably going to have to reinstall and lose some of the things I worked so hard for.

Can someone try to explain things in a way a complete idiot like me could understand?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: