Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 01:16:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair on Sims  (Read 1562 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
minigilesstylr

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2008, 05:25:18 am »

After a rather bad crash I had to reinstall the game, I thought I had backed up the sims I wanted by packaging them via bodyshop. When I installed my sim back into body shop I found that their hairstyles are missing which I could live with if could put differnet hairstyles on thier heads but for some reason bodyshop will not allow me to change the colour style or anything else. Does someone know how to fix this?
spicegirlsgeek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 10:46:43 am »

I think I know why the hairstyles are missing. It may be because you don't have the right meshes.

On the other hand, i have no idea why you can't change the colour or hairstyles of the hair.

:tongue8:
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 11:46:40 am »

Are you cloning the sims before trying to change the hairstyle? I ask because you can't change anything on a sim already existing in bodyshop without cloning them. You'll have two versions of that sim then, but you can just delete the original and keep the one you changed.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 12:55:29 pm »

The only other way I can find around this (other than trying to re-locate the original meshes and recolors the sims' hairs require) is if you load those sims in CAS and give them a new hairstyle, then add them to one of your neighborhoods, and extract them from the game using SimPE and the tutorial for extracting born in-game sims.  I ran across this problem a lot after I cleaned out my downloads folder, and found that I did something stupid by not paying attention to what I was deleting.  :lol:

minigilesstylr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 05:08:42 pm »

Thanks for replying everyone. I'll try each of your suggestions and see what works. If anyone else is willing to offer more thoughts on the matter feel free to reply as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: