Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:56:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Creating new neighborhoods deletes sims!  (Read 4446 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:53:22 pm »

This was happening BEFORE I got BV, but BV is my latest expansion so I'm posting this question here.

Whenever I would create a new neighborhood after playing with one for awhile, then go back to the original, the sims in the first neighborhood would have been deleted.

Now I'm afraid to create a new neighborhood but I desperately want to, because I play with Photoshop using TS2, and I don't want those sims in the same neighborhood as my "normal" sims. I also haven't been back to the sims I was playing with before the current ones because they may be deleted.

Does anyone...
1. Know when the deletion of the old Sims was taking place? (I have an idea because loading the old neighborhood takes extra long)
2. Have this problem also?
3. Know how to fix it?
4. Know if it is safe for me to create a new neighborhood/go to a previously created one?

I had 9000+ downloads when the problem was occurring, but now I am down to just under 6000 (but not for long).

Thanks for your help!!

PS: i posted this in BV Help also but I thought this one might be better bc I am on a Mac.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 10:32:56 pm »

hmmm....I don't think I've seen this.  lol Course maybe I don't play enough!

But I know I've got a new hood since installing BV, with the old ones still there.  Do you have the correct N00? numbers in your Neighborhood Folder?

aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 12:02:24 pm »

i think it was a cc issue. i got impatient so i backed up all my nh files and loaded riverblossom hills. nothing was deleted. i have cut down so much cc that i think that was the problem.
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 05:56:48 pm »

if you're still looking for replies to your original post, milkiemybaby, (yeah, i know it's over a month later ;-)), here's an anwer:

like you said, it WAS because of custom content, the amount of the content, though.  i would have deleted families and houses, but after doing a search on the number of files you can realistically have in your game, i read that the file limit can be changed on your computer.  

i don't recommend doing this if you're a bit skittish about messing around with sudo commands, but i changed mine and haven't had a problem with the amount of custom content since.  

but beware, it will affect the life you your memory (in your computer, lol).

...just my experience--rz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: