Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:42:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Walls  (Read 1823 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tweeter

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2008, 02:13:05 am »

Hi guys, wonder if you could help me out with this one.  What I want to do is create a multi-level house.  I want the front door on "decking" level, but I want the inside of the house to be at "ground" level.  I've tried using all decks but when I lower the inside I get a "can't place wall" message.  If I use a combination of deck and stage I get a similar message.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
T

"Strange is just a different point of view"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:40:37 am »

Unfortunately, the game doesn't allow for the type of building you want.  The floors of decks, stages, and foundations cannot connect or be adjacent to the terrain level.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:13:01 pm »

Thanks for the info - but how is the effect in this house achieved?  See picture 8 (main interior)

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=87527

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:00 pm »

I assume you mean the sunked kitchen.  

The main house looks to have been built on a foundation.  

The corner with the kitchen was removed and walls put in.  

The cheat boolprop constrainfloorelevation was set to false and then the level tool used to make the walls the same height as the foundation.  

CFE was then set back to true and walls added to the shortened ones to complete that corner of the house.  

Add to that floor leveling, stairs, furnishings.  Viola, sunken kitchen or living room or whatever.

The pictures show no place where the top of the foundation is level with adjacent terrain.
tweeter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 01:53:21 am »

Ah wicked... thanks.  Didn't know about that cheat.  Will give it a whirl tonite!

kattenijin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 11:37:35 pm »

You can also use Numenor's "unleveled walls" available here: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=59793

They require some manual game modification, or use the "Scriptorium" from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=192613

Q: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A: A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Duh! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: