Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:09:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reinstallation Question  (Read 990 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
WoofMan

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2008, 05:29:36 pm »

I*'ve been having graphics issues since January, crash-test dummy syndrome, disappearing bodies, floating heads, etc.  I've tried several solutions and finally thought I'd fixe the problem.  However, graphics problems continued to persist this weekend so I backed up everything, uninstalled BV, and reinstalled it. Now comes the question. Hopefully somebody has gone through this situation and can offer up some insight. I was one of those foolish people who, in order to save disk space on the hard drive, deleted Veronaville, Strangeville, and the other town that is installed, leaving only Pleasantview and the two towns I created. Now, I've read somewhere that the Maxis-supplied towns should not be deleted otherwise problems can occur. So in order to reinstall the towns I've created, do I need to rename the Neighborhood folders 2 and 3 (my back-up custom neighborhoods) to 5 and 6, and the files that say User002 and User003 in those respective folders to read User005 and User006? Or are my towns lost altogether and do I need to start from scratch? Any help or insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I may be dead, but I'm still pretty. . . which is more than I can say for you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: