Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:23:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: MLB PROJECT ~ Houston Astros Catcher- Brad Ausmus - by request  (Read 12242 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: July 30, 2008, 03:52:59 am »

*Part one of a four-part project by request from beard_ed*

It's Brad Ausmus!

Bradley David Ausmus (born April 14, 1969) is an American catcher in Major League Baseball who plays for the Houston Astros. Entering the 2008 season, he ranked tenth in major league history in career games as a catcher (1,810), second in putouts (12,045), and third in total chances (13,026) and fielding percentage (.994). He is a three-time Gold Glove Award winner (2001-2002, 2006). Beginning 2008, he also ranked fifth all-time among all Jewish major leaguers in career hits (1,490), and eighth in home runs (76) and runs batted in (572), trailing only Hank Greenberg and Shawn Green in all three categories.[1] He also won the January 2007 Darryl Kile Award "for integrity and courage",[2] presented annually by local chapters of the Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) to players on the Astros and St. Louis Cardinals.
(from wiki ~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Ausmus )

He is packaged with a standard ea/maxis bod... but he looks divine with one of marvine and beosboxboy's slim, athlete, body builder meshes! Wink

Here is what he will look like with a slim-body-builder mesh:

And in the pics above I am using the bear-body-shape shower proof skintones by montoto sk (they look great on all the body shapes in my opinion Wink the pic shows the smooth, light hair, and dark hair versions of the light skintone.

You will find these awesome skintones here-  http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=81968

AND best of all- unlike some skintones- these will not change Brad's overall look or facial features.  Cheesy

:worship: Special THANK YOU's to the following for the amazing Custom Content! :worship:

LaPink/Iced Mango
pimpmysims
Rensim
Navetsea
Oepu
Onah
Serasims
Rebus
Psyanide
*and also dm and zm1- for whom I have no links/info.* (sorry)

I created the face mask (under_eye_cheek_nose) based on Navetsea's "dimple" mesh... you may reuse this as long as you credit me and aslo Navetsea@MTS2 and include a link!

I created the cheek-shadows based on a mesh from a blush called "shine" but I have no idea who created it.  You may reuse this item as long as you credit me.  Smiley

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD THIS SIM OR ANY CC USED TO CREATE HIM TO THE EXCHANGE, PAYSITES (including donation sites), OR CLAIM HIM/CC AS YOUR OWN WORK!!!!

Be sure to give proper credit/links to the original creators of the CC if you use it elsewhere- and be sure to honor the original creators policy!  Wink

ABOUT THE CLOTHES/CAP:

This was the closest thing I could find to a baseball uniform and I searched high and low.  The jersey doesn't have the right name on the back or right number on the front- yes, I'm aware of this- but like I said, it was the closest thing I could find.  I was not able to alter the jersey *by Rebus* to reflect the correct name and number because it expressly states in the policy that this is forbidden.   I also realize that the ball cap sits up too high on the forehead- but this is the way Maxis made it- and I cannot fix this because the same policy applies to the ball-cap *by Psyanide*.  I did look for a mod or fix for the cap issue but couldn't find one.  Smiley

NOTE- the baseball jersey outfit only works for the regular body shapes so it won't appear if you are using the body builder meshes- and I have no idea how to convert the clothing- and besides- the policy says "no alterations" so.... sorry. Smiley

As I mentioned this is part one of a four-part project... so if you are a baseball fan... stay tuned...

Coming soon:

Jason Varitek, Kevin Youkilis, and Jeff Francoeur  Cheesy

Cheesy ENJOY! Cheesy

And yes I realize the clothes/cap pic says "pacakaged" but I'm not going to redo the whole picture and editing and typing because of one silly extra "a" Tongue

* BRAD_AUSMUS_SIM_by_dww.jpg (44.34 KB, 455x448 - viewed 13367 times.)
* Houston Astro's #11, Brad Ausmus.rar (2383.43 KB - downloaded 212 times.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 08:20:42 pm by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 04:15:32 am »

I'm just simply in awe of your magnificent work.

I bow before thee, oh Masterful Magnificent Mistress  :worship:

Good job!

P.S.  You spelled package wrong :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 04:18:34 am by EKozski » Logged

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 04:24:58 am »

Thank you Ekozski! Smiley

You can get up now, it's not that great, ok maybe it is... :laugh:

Thanks again Cheesy

PS- bite me! :lol:

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
sabresfan75NY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:45:06 am »

Wow!!!! Fantastic job. The likeness is fantastic. I'm a Yankees fan myself. Great work, and thank you. Thank you very much.

"Maybe it's not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate."  _Ozzy_
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:51:04 am »

Thanks sabresfan Smiley

The link for the clothes/cap - there is some Yankee stuff there that might interest you.  Wink

~*~ Donna ~*~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 01:48:57 pm »

*spam alert* (This really should move to pm-ing you two...a little is ok, but it's getting out of hand)

This is great! Thank you.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 01:59:02 pm »

Thanks Joy- and believe it or not- we WERE pming (too)... I know it's a bad thing we did- LOL

Chalk it up to no sleep and waaay too much caffeine.

I was looking to see if I could "edit" this whole thread- to remove all of our silliness- but I can't figure out how to.

Anyhoo- sorry and we will try to control ourselves from now on! Wink

Ok- so I see how to delete my part of the mess we made... I've deleted my silly rambling and will ask Ed to do the same with his- that should help clean up the thread somewhat.  Cheesy

(again- Sorry!)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 02:21:32 pm by danceswithwands » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
beard_ed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 05:24:30 pm »

Wow thanks dances! He looks dead on! I'm going to start downloading him after I finish making this post.
caitygrl456

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:42:34 pm »

wow thanks i support the astro's and alsome work

rainymorning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:43 am »

wow a great job again from you Smiley ...i like it a lot ...thanks =D

M@d's Crypt

Goal 1 - 1000 posts
Goal 2 - Learning GERMAN O.O
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:58 pm »

So glad you like him beard_ed and that I FINALLY got it right- LOL

Thanks Caitygrl and Rainy--- and you're all welcome as can be. Cheesy

~*~ Donna ~*~
SouthernBelle82

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 06:33:18 pm »

He looks great!  I love the Astro's so he looks great.  Amazing job.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2008, 08:12:49 pm »

Thanks SoutherBelle Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
mamasimk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 09:10:40 am »

This is great, a good likeness. I agree with sabresfan, I am also a Yankees fan and would love it if somebody would sim some Yankees, I tried to sim Derek Jeter, but he didn't turn out very well, maybe I need to keep trying. Thanks for Ausmus, he will be great in my game.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 09:22:31 pm »

You're welcome mamasimk. Smiley

There is lots of Yankee hats/jerseys at the link in the post- check it out! Cheesy

If you want to do Derek Jeter my advice is to be sure you have one picture of him facing you (not smiling if possible) and one good side profile shot.  Then you keep working on and saving the sims- working on and saving- until you get the facial structure right.  I can't empasize enough the importance of good skintones and custom facial goodies- like wrinkles, dimples, eye bags, etc.

With the right skintone, custom add-ons, and a little hard work you should be able to get a reasonably good likeness of him.  It takes some practice. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: