Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 04:15:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bodyshop sim not in CAS bin  (Read 1550 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
foxhop10

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:07:59 am »

I'm sorry if this problem has been dealt with before; I did a search but didn't find anything.

So here it is: I've been making bodyshop sims (CC'd to hell, of course), all fine, no problems. Until this ONE. She's in my bodyshop just fine, but does not appear ingame in the CAS bin. I have all the meshes. My CC is uncorrupted. I've tried packaging her from bodyshop and clean installing her back into my game: it says she installed, but she still doesn't show up.

It's only her, too. I made another bodyshop sim right after and he appears in CAS like normal.

Curiously enough, it's the same with her on an entirely separate computer, entirely separate game. She shows up in bodyshop, but not in CAS. She's not masquerading as another sim in my bin, either, because I checked through them all.

I'm running Sims 2 Deluxe on Vista, with a couple camera mods. No problems with any of it until just now, and, hopefully since the new guy is working, only now.

But I'd really like to get this sim working/hear a viable reason she's not. Any ideas, my friends? I'm at my wits end.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 12:10:45 am by foxhop10 » Logged
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 12:14:17 am »

Hey foxhop. Tongue I am sure there is nothing wrong with your bodyshop if you made a male sim and showed up in CAS. Do you have university and if so did you make her as a young adult or adult. If so go check to make sure. This happened to be before and I found out that I made my sim as a young adult by mistake. Let me know if this helps you or not and I'll try to think of something else.

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:36 am »

Did you scrool through all the Sims?

I thought I'd lost a Sim or two before until they showed up towards the end. None of the Sims I download or create show up at the beginning of the CAS. I have to actually wade through them until I find them.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 12:27:30 am »

If you made your sim a YA by mistake, then you can either go into a University neighborhood to open her up in the Uni CAS, or clone her in bodyshop and make her an adult.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
foxhop10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:41 am »

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Unfortunately the only expansion I have is Nightlife, so the Uni stuff doesn't apply here. She's an adult too, and I did scroll through all of them. She ain't there.

I just turned her into a guy in bodyshop, haha, maybe that'll do something. We'll see in a minute...

update: well... nope. changing the gender didn't help! maybe if i change the age? i'll try teenager.. *grasps at straws*

update update: Holy--well, that actually worked! I turned the adult female sim into a male teenager, packaged and clean installed her, and she showed up in CAS! So I just changed her gender/age back, and there you go.
What a strange thing... haha. Maybe the install finally took or something. Yaay!

Thanks again, guys!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 01:18:59 am by foxhop10 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: