Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 03:42:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help,Free time won't work ˇˇ  (Read 5624 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kasumik

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:33:55 pm »

Few days ago I installed Free time. It worked perfectly with all downloaded skins,objects and hacks. Yesterday (and today again) I wanted to play sims, put dvd in, but it didn't want to start.T_T
Each time i put dvd in pc shows empty screen and won't start the game. ˇˇ

Dose anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks
(It looks like this^^,)

thislookskindacool

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:12:41 am »

i dont know if this will help, may seem obvious..... but i would
1. check your cd for scratches, i had a problem with nightlife because the disk cracked with i took it out of those STUPID new cases, unfortunatly i had to buy a new expansion pack
2. if the disk is ok i would start by uninstalling freetime, first move your downloads folder to the desktop or somewhere so it doesnt get deleted! uninstall freetime, run your game without it to make sure its definatly freetime thats causing the problem
3. if the game runs ok install freetime again and try to load the game, again without the downloads. if it starts up go through your downloads folder and make sure there are no conflicts, then put it back again. needless to say if the game doesnt start with the downloads folder installed then thats your problem, go through it again and make sure everything is compatible with freetime, if it starts ok then there was a problem with the instaliation.
like i said this may seem obvious, sorry if it doesnt help
thislookskindacool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 12:18:42 am »

oh one more thing, actually you should do this first..... click on my computer, you will see icons for shared documents, local disk, dvd/cd drive exct. double click on the dvd/cd drive icon, that will either bring up the auto play screne to start the game or take you to a bunch of icons and folders, click on the one that looks like the shortcut on your desktop/on the start menu. if the driver says there is no disk (when you click on the icon a blank screne will show up) then the problem is probably the disk itself
kasumik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 06:16:09 am »

Thanks for trying to help me^^
i found the solution, deleted two files (Accessory.cache, Groups.cache), it worked fine ^^,

Annoree

Check out my new site!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:20:17 am »

Those two files cause so much trouble. Always!

15 April 2010:  Hey everyone!  I'm sorry to disappear for a while.  My life got busy.  My new site where I will host all my uploads is http://annoree.blogspot.com  ^_^
kasumik

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:30:13 am »

Quote from: Annoree;1323838
Those two files cause so much trouble. Always!

yeah ˇˇ

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 03:07:21 am »

Mmm thats something ive not tried yet, deleting the cache files.
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 04:40:14 am »

1. check your cd for scratches, i had a problem with nightlife because the disk cracked with i took it out of those STUPID new cases, unfortunatly i had to buy a new expansion pack

I've started putting my disk 1 in a cheap CD case from Target/Wal-Mart/CVS, where ever. Makes it so much easier to take out and store for protection when playing and after. It also takes up less room in my laptop case.
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 05:04:35 am »

I will also check for the two cache files - had same problem with Freetime not starting, neither would bodyshop. I did backup my EA games folder, then uninstalled Free Time and reinstalled it. Then the game started fine. Until I put my downloads back in.........so guess what I will be doing tonight Sad
Renette

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 12:38:30 am »

Quote from: kasumik;1323835

i found the solution, deleted two files (Accessory.cache, Groups.cache), it worked fine ^^,

Yeay :blob6:, I tried this too, and I'm back in my game! :smt106 How did you know about these files? What is their purpose?
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 03:25:48 pm »

Doing this haS  allowed my game to be played for an amazing 2 hours before crashing again.lol.im getting there. I hope the rest of you do too. That freetime game is so much hassle. i dread to think what apartment life is going to do for us!!!.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 12:20:40 am »

The cache files have bits of info about your cc.  They do get corrupted from time to time.  I try to delete mine every few days.  Always a good idea to delete them if you have removed anything from your downloads folder.

Renette

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 06:18:44 am »

Thanks Roxy, I will remember that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: