Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:48:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heard of MacUnpack?  (Read 6787 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Damsel13

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2008, 10:38:53 pm »

I just found it and now I can easily download sims2packs that say "you do not have the needed expansion pac". So far I have  only used it to install premade sims.

I love this place!
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 06:05:48 pm »

i love that application, too!  

(for those MACers that would like to try it, it's at djssims.com)
Mi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:31:31 am »

I still prefer wohoo personally, but it IS great that there are someone making these programs! Smiley

Tied third place in Mr. Insimenator 2007
Join the Animal Army
Call me Michelle
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 11:50:51 pm »

I have difficulty installing any packages with multiple items with MacUnpack.  It usually won't install.  WooHoo always installs.

rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:33:24 am »

i like WooHoo, too, it's easier to isolate particular packages, since i usually only install sims, character, and lot packages w/o the cc.  it's nice to have two applications to work with, though.
papersky06

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 08:45:17 pm »

I downloaded this application a while ago, but don't know how to use it. Could someone explain? I'm only using it to install Sims and Lots that cannot be installed with the Maxis Package Installer. I also have WooHoo, but whenever I click on "Install" nothing happens.

I can't seem to find anyone to contact about these things that are still alive and around. Can any of you? Please? Cheesy
Ingridtk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 09:57:57 am »

Quote from: papersky06;1399982
I downloaded this application a while ago, but don't know how to use it. Could someone explain? I'm only using it to install Sims and Lots that cannot be installed with the Maxis Package Installer. I also have WooHoo, but whenever I click on "Install" nothing happens.

I can't seem to find anyone to contact about these things that are still alive and around. Can any of you? Please? Cheesy

Woo Hoo does the same thing as mac unpack and more, but I wouldn't advise using woo hoo to install lots! I learned from experience, it can cause game to crash or it might not load at all sometimes. Sims are totally fine though, install as many sims as you like with woo hoo. Anyway, to answer your question on how to install using Woo Hoo I've written out instructions below (With pics)

1. If you have woo hoo installed, you should just be able to right-click on the sim package and select woo hoo from the list.

2. Then, this window will open, displaying all the information about the sim:

3. First, you need to install just the sim itself, so under the filter list click 'Sim' then 'Install selected 'Sim'

4. Next Click 'Genetics' and highlight everything on the list (command+a) and click 'Install selected genetics'

5. Your sim will be installed, but may not show up right up front in bodyshop, it might be a few sims back, but it'll be there.
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 12:31:16 am »

Installing homes using WooHoo does not make your game crash.  I've been using it for over 2 years.  WooHoo will install all lots regardless of expansion pack requirements.  There will be no message telling you if you don't have a particular expansion pack, the same as clean installer does.  It is probably lots requiring expansion packs you don't have that you've installed that are crashing the game.

Many creators don't understand that those expansion packs change the game coding and you cannot simply make it backwards compatible by not using those objects that came with the expansion pack and therefore mislabel the requirements.

The directions for installing lots apply the same as the sim Ingridtk showed.  You need to select the appropriate filter, then the files in the package, then choose one of the install buttons.  If you choose the large install selected button then it goes to the program defaults.  Otherwise you may choose to put them into your Downloads folder, Hold, New, or Other.  Hold and New can be defined in the user preferences.  Some items go to the teleport folder until the game is started, so you may not see it go into the appropriate folder.

Ingridtk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 08:16:58 pm »

Yeah, I understand it's not woohoo's fault, and it's the fact that I am missing stuff packs/ EP's. I only use woohoo to install things that I can't normally install using the Sims 2 Package installer (so that's why I have problems with lots).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:19:26 pm by Ingridtk » Logged
HugeLunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:20:43 am »

See I'm the opposite, I only use the Maxis installer for things that WooHoo won't install, like packages from the game site. Smiley  I don't like installing things with funny names or letting the game decide where to put them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: