Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 12:02:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I must be doing something wrong  (Read 2708 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pfctjoy

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2008, 03:15:21 pm »

I have downloaded S2pk clean installer to try to get new sims and it does not put the sims in the sims bin.  I can however see some of their clothes, but I can't get the bodies.  Here are the steps I am doing.  Please tell me if I am missing something.

1.  Downloading sim zip
2.  Unzipping file
3.  opening s2pk clean installer if the file did not automatically create one.
4.  Creating a new file from the unzipped files with s2pk
5.  Clicking on the new s2pk file to install
6.  manually taking the files from the original zip and placing them in the downloads folder.

Did I miss something or am I going about this in an entirely wrong way?
gali

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:23:08 am »

No, you are doing just fine. But SLS and Castaway don't accept "advanced" downloads (i.e. correlated to latest EPs, like Seasons, OFB, BV, etc, and accept only few downloads that require only the TS2 base game.
pfctjoy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 08:57:15 am »

Well what a bummer.  I wonder if they have thought about making additional mods for this game??  I have been able to get the body builder clothes to work but the heads stay standard.  I haven't figured out yet how to get the houses to load and really I havent been playing the game, more of just trying to figure out how to get what I want first before playing.  I have noticed a lot of limitations, i.e., there are only three lots available, two are for storytelling and one is for freeplay.  There are CC featured buttons, but they are not activated.  I did find a cheat code to allow me to access cc in create a sim, but in doing so, I only found one item actually available after downloading several.    sigh...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: