Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 10:21:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: An idea...  (Read 8704 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Momorat

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2008, 09:37:46 pm »

I just finished reading Breaking Dawn, the last book in the Twilight Saga, and I was inspired to take pictures and write a Sims story about the first book in the series, Twilight. So, I was wondering if anyone here has read the series - it's really popular where I am - and if anyone would be interested in reading a story based on it. I wouldn't be typing the whole story - it's like seven-hundred pages long - but instead I'd be taking like two or three pictures per chapter and typing quotes from the book to go with them. Here's the website, in case anyone wants to check it out.

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
What do you mean vampires don't exist!? How dare you!? Blashpemer!!!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 11:55:46 pm »

Hmm maybe. I haen't read Breaking Dawn yet but I've read all the spoilers and I am a bit shocked and horrified. But I haven't read it yet, so maybe (though it's very unlikely) I'll change my mind. But I digress!

I would be interested to see the pictures, but how would you make it a story as such? Just summarise Twilight?

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

Well, it's not a story so much. More, I'd take what I considered to be the biggest parts of each chapter and take pictures to match. I got the idea of doing it that way from a Harry Potter Sims site where someone took several pictures for each chapter. It wouldn't really make sense for people who hadn't read the book, but for people who had, I think it'd be kinda cool. Btw, I didn't read the spoilers, but Breaking Dawn turned out to be a really good book. Parts of it were really wierd, I'll say that, but I got chills all through it and I really enjoyed reading it.

Momorat - Noun. Roleplaying freak, vampire wannabe, nerd, and bibliophile extraordinaire. :study:
Please for the love of all things holy in this godforsaken world, join my RP, Mount Olympus!
discowhipped

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:03:37 am »

Ok, I like the idea, I would definitely be interested. I like to look at pretty pictures.Cheesy
Lol, I couldn't resist I just had to know what happened. At least I'm prepared for it now! I do want to read it though.

"It's not everyday that you discover you're trapped in a pixel world."
Suddenly Simmerised - Read it!
Previously known as: Squirt
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 10:12:06 pm »

I have not read any of these but....sounds kind of like some kind of vampire chronicals?
Interesting!

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
aqua-sheep
Plaid Freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:01:28 pm »

that is a good idea. sounds like basically a tribute to twilight. i hate it when people try to actually try to rewrite already published stories and make sims stories for them, but that doesnt sound like what you're doing...i like your idea. and i've never read twilight but everyone wants me to. but i'm like...uh, no, it's like 500 pages no thanks!!!!!
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 10:36:26 pm »

Okay, well I've actually gotten around to creating the sims and everything, but there's one thing I'm not sure about: Is there any accepted etiquette when it comes to using CC in a picture? Should I ask the creator of every object that appears in every photo if it's okay? Or should I just link back to them? Or what? Thanks, and sorry if I'm being dense. Smiley

Stelio Kontos
Resident Reptilian
Loot Looker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 10:46:22 pm »

Quote from: Momorat;1456405
Okay, well I've actually gotten around to creating the sims and everything, but there's one thing I'm not sure about: Is there any accepted etiquette when it comes to using CC in a picture? Should I ask the creator of every object that appears in every photo if it's okay? Or should I just link back to them? Or what? Thanks, and sorry if I'm being dense. Smiley

99.5% of the time, CC creators have no issue with their content appearing in pictures.
But to be safe, read their distribution policy.
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 12:22:41 pm »

Is your story based or inspired by the books or will it be like a retelling of the story? I'm just not sure if it's gonna be an issue with the copyrights.

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 08:12:12 pm »

I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining it. That's my bad. It'd be more like, as someone said earlier, a tribute than a story. What I'd do would be pick what I considered the most important parts of a chapter - like five or six of them, somewhere in there - take a picture or two to go with it, and then type of a brief quote. So, I might take a picture of Edward and Bella kissing and then underneath it say something like: My soft lips formed around his cold stone ones... Obviously that's not an exact quote, but one of my friends is borrowing my book, lol. It might actually fit better in the pictures forum than this one, but it's kind of borderline, so I'm not sure...

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:13:08 pm »

I think I've read a story using the text from Harry Potter. I don't know if the blog still exists though but it was directly copied. The pictures were so amazing, though. I can't wait to see how you'd interpret Twilight. Smiley

Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 04:40:14 pm »

Yeah, that website's actually where I got the idea. Smiley It was made with the Sims 1, I think. I'll post somre pictures of the sims I'm planning on using soon. I just want to go through and figure out where all the custom content came from and double check that I didn't violate anybody's policies by recolouring a skin.

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 07:37:33 am »

As long as you don't redistribute the skins you recolored, I don't see any problem with that. i *think* but yeah, better recheck. Cannot wait!

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 11:44:55 am »

As long as you're not packaging and redistributing the sims, it's fine Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Momorat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 10:35:28 pm »

Okay, well, sorry it took me so long - although I'm pretty sure no one was really waiting - but I just installed FT and AL and my game went INSANE!!! So, now that I've got it fixed, I want to show everyone the sims I'm planning on using before I type up the first chapter. That and I'm kind of stalling, because my friend's borrowed my book. So, any criticism would be helpful. Please be very brutal, I want these to look good, and I'm not particularly skilled at making attractive sims. So without further ado, I give you:

Carlisle

Esme

Edward

Rosalie

Emmett

Alice

Jasper

Bella

I know that Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper are absolutely hideous, but I think I did fairly well on everybody else. Criticism? Please?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: