Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 03:36:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bathroom complaint thoughts  (Read 2167 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aelflaed

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:35:08 am »

Hi!

I'm just wondering if this is a known problem someone can help me with.

My sims are complaining whenever someone is using the toilet, bath or shower on a lot. All other sims on the lot get repeated thought bubbles, with a pic of the bathing sim and a red cross through it.

They complain from anywhere on the lot, inside, outside, different storeys. And yes, the bathroom is properly closed. There is no reason for the rest of the household to be concerned.

I have done the whole divide and conquer thing twice over already. I thought I narrowed it down to Inteen, which I only recently added. Taking Inteen out seemed to fix it. However, this afternoon I noticed the same thing again, and Inteen is not installed.

Can anyone help? It's really annoying.

*attached image removed*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 11:43:02 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:43:29 am »

It's just the way the game was coded, not related to any mods.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:16:04 am »

Do you have only one bathroom??? May be this can be the cause for the complaint. Immediately build another 2 at least. I build bathroom for each sim on the lot, usually near his bedroom. Sims like a lot of bathrooms, spoiled...Smiley.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:45:30 am »

I often have only one bathroom, or one with an extra toilet. I like small houses, and haven't noticed any problem until recently. Anyway, perhaps you are right that there were just a lot of sims thinking about the bathroom being in use. Certainly it is much less constant without Inteen.

Thanks for your advice.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:48:31 am »

I don't recall this occuring in the base game only, but I didn't play the base game that long before I installed Uni.  At Uni though, even with the multiple bathrooms available, as soon as one was used, everyone started having this balloon pop up.  Even walkbys.  This was before I discovered mods and CC.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:08:14 pm »

Ancient, I never have seen that baloon popping up - not in the base game - without hacks and mods, and not after that, adding the EPs - with hacks and mods. That, because I built for each sim his own bathroom: four sims - 4 baths; 6 sims - 6 baths...Smiley

I am very curious to know, if after aelflaed will build additional bathrooms, this collective simulator show will stop...Smiley.  

Yes, I remember until today one very funny event: I put in all the bathrooms only one door (base game), and the simulator gave me an outstanding show: the sim who used the toilet wanted to get out, and the maid blocked his way - wanting to get in to clean; then they began to argue and quarrel, jesticulating like mads, and I died from laugh. But I got the message, and put in the future double door on each bathroom.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:26:40 pm »

IIRC, it was in one of the Maxis dorms that had the toilet rather than the stalls that produced the most red x's.  I do remember when I first saw this happening, I thought my sim was losing STR with everyone in the dorm.  I think after two day (real time, not game time) I finally figured out they were just reacting to my use of the bathrooms and I needed to find some way to improve my bathroom manners lol
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 08:58:36 pm »

I usually put two doors to the bathroom to prevent traffic jams.

I have to say, the house I noticed it in yesterday has two full bathrooms and an extra loo. One of the upstairs bathrooms was in use, the others were free. There were quite a few visitors on the lot.

I suppose I'll have to live with it, and hope it really was Inteen making it worse. Maybe yesterday's outbreak was an anomoly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: