Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 08:56:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: game crashes  (Read 2095 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Me2

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:58:57 pm »

ok so i admit i went on a dl spree yesterday and now my game is crashing is there a tool that i can dl to see what is causing the conflict

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 06:31:05 pm »

If you're looking for a possible mod conflict, go here and click on sims 2 in the left hand side bar, then programs, and download the sims 2 hack conflict detection ultility.

If you're looking for a broken mesh or currupt cc file, then you have to pick through them one at a time.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Me2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 06:03:03 pm »

Thank you joy Smiley you such a huge help

ok I used the hack detection tool and it showed nothing that was causing conflict ..

so i guess i am on the same boat ..why the pink flemingo won't work for me .. I have all the Sims games (EP) except BV and I only have 1 Sp Celebration stuff
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 06:10:53 pm by Me2 » Logged

KILL ME,LOVE ME.. JUST DON"T TAKE MY SIMS AWAY
When All Else Fails.
Meet my sim-self family here
http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=70421
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:42 am »

If it doesn't find a conflict, then chances are it's a corrupt download somewhere. You're basically down to pulling your downloads out and putting them back in a few at a time.

April

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:45:41 am »

Try the Clean Installer. After you installed it, well, you have to open the program. Wait for all of your downloads to be listed there. It might take a while, depending on the amount of downloads that you have. Anyways, things that are highlighted in red are most likely to be a hack, and things that are highlighted in pink are either duplicates or empty files. Disable those hacks and I hope it all goes well for you.

If not, well... Probably disable all of your CC and look for the culprit before enabling it again.

+| Flickr | SimPage |+
Life is better when it's upside-down.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 12:47:35 am »

Caveat about the CI program. It misses some hacks/mods, so be cautious using it. Some of the mods you install will not be labelled as such in Clean Installer.

Ahote Honaw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:40:44 am »

I'm having some trouble myself, I also went on a downloading spree.  I ran the conflict tool and got no conflicts.  I tried removing all the new content and it still crashes.  I tried emptying my downloads folder and it still crashes.  It always crashes at the same point, on the loading screen when it says crash-proofing parties, how ironic.  I have Sims 2 double deluxe which comes with nightlife.  I have no other EPs.  Anybody got an idea?
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 05:09:32 am »

Sometimes hacks/mods will putz around with your config file. When all else fails, copy your EA folders from the Documents folder to the desktop, then delete the EA folder and all it's contents, restart the game (it will rebuild the EA folder) and see if that fixes it. If it does, you can isolate the culprit by copying back one folder at a time from the desktop and start the game after each. As soon as it crashes, you'll know where the problem is located. Then  you have to remove stuff one at a time until you find the problem child. Tedious, I know. Anyway, once you find it, you can restore your EA folder and get rid of the troublemaker and you should be able to resume play from where you were before the problem showed up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: