Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 10:04:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clean Installer Issue.  (Read 1671 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
teralis

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2008, 01:55:09 pm »

Ok, so I have fully removed all things S2PCI from my computer. Though now, when I try to go and install it again (Ver.1.5.1.4) it says this:
"A previous verson of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall the old version first! Do you want to do it now?"

I click yes, then it goes away and does nothing.
I need clean installer, can anyone help me?:smt106

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 04:30:51 pm »

Do you have Windows? If so you should remove it by going to the Control Panel, under "Add or Remove Programs". This should take care of the remnants of the Clean Installer version you wish to remove.
OR
You should check to see if you have it listed in your "All Programs" pop-up; it does have an "Uninstall" feature on it-click it and that will uninstall the program.
Then you should do a Disk clean up just to make sure there aren't any fragments laying around.

Once you have done all you think you should do, you can re-install the program.

teralis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 05:10:21 pm »

Ok, thank you.
Will the disk cleanup damage any other files I have?
And also, clean Installer isn't even in my "Add Or Remove Programs" list.

I checked under all programs, they only option for S2PCI on the programs list was visit webiste.
I deleted that folder.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 05:17:12 pm by teralis » Logged

MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:57 pm »

No..the disk Clean-up is part of the OS for Windows, it should never harm any of your other files or programs. It just gets rid of assorted files that have accumulated during the past few sessions from your computer. It compresses files after you've checked if you want them done in 1-100 days.
You could also do a disk defrag on your computer to see if your computer is fragmented-sometimes if it is badly fragmented it will run slowly and work harder than it should.
If the Clean Installer is not in your listed Programs, that means you do not have it on your computer. I don't know why it would list out if you do have it, unless there are some scattered files left on your last install.
If this doesn't help, I don't really know what else you can do, except perhaps a registry clean. That one you have to have a separate program for, and there are a few free ones out for download-one I use is "Eusing Free Registry Cleaner":
http://www.eusing.com/free_registry_cleaner/registry_cleaner.htm

It does a great job and does not take up a lot of space.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:40:20 pm by MaryH » Logged

teralis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:00:14 pm »

Thank you very much!!!

Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: