Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 09:18:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My sims turned into townies  (Read 1665 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
mnazeanze2

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 09:01:00 am »

Hi guys!!

Not too long ago the most weird thing happened in my game. I'm not sure if it was after a power outage or maybe some hack I've downloaded but my sims from Desiderata Valley and Riverblossom Hills all turned into townies!!! Actually, they vanished. The reason why I know they are there is 'cause I've done the neighborhood scan with SimPe. I would like to know if it ever happened to any of you and if there is a chance to revert that.

M.

~Rest in peace, dear Sasha~
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:35:19 am »

If you think it might be a hack, I would start with pulling out the hacks and see if the problem fixes.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
mnazeanze2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:10:55 am »

Thanks, dear. But I really think it was because of the power outage. Pretty weird, isn't it...?

M.

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:03:47 pm »

Not sure how a power outage would do that. Did you remove your hacks and check your game?

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 04:45:26 pm »

You've got a corrupted neighborhood.  A power outage while the neighborhood was open definitely has the potential of doing that.  A huge number of characters in the neighborhood could do that also, and if you have an unpatched BV and don't have Pescado's antiredundancy mod, every visit to a vacation lot created brand new BV NPCs compounding the problem.  Moving sims from one neighborhood to another using the Sim or Lot Bins will do it too.  Any number of ways it could have become corrupt.

Bottom line, that hood is no longer playable.  Sure you could for maybe a week, and then find all your sims gone again.  Delete the 'hood and start another one fresh.
mnazeanze2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 08:12:04 am »

Thank you! :happy8:

M.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: