Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 12:42:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I delete these files?  (Read 1604 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
coolsimsgal

One Cool Gal

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2008, 07:18:04 pm »

under my computer -> ea games -> sims 2 -> userdata -eighborhood "N001" I was wondering if I could delete that file or is it some backup file or same as N001 in "my documents -> sims 2 -> neighborhood"? I was wondering, so I could clear up some space.

What I'm basically saying its in 2 places on my pc with extra mb one has 71mb and other 300 mb under my documents, same goes with uni hoods.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:25:54 pm by coolsimsgal » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:21:10 am »

Not if you want to keep your neighborhoods safe. It's a good idea to not mess around with anything in your Program Files unless you seriously know what you're doing.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 01:25:03 am »

I agree.  If you want to delete a neighborhood, it is way safer to do it within the game then to delete files from your folders outside the game.

If you do not know what those N001-N002, G001 etc folder are, do not mess with them.
MaryH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 06:36:10 am »

Those files are the actual running program files for your game. If you delete them, you will have to reinstall the entire program if you should ever want them, or else find them on the original disks and copy them into your program.
As the others said, don't do this unless you know what you're doing. Original program files are not good to mess around with.
You can delete the files in your actual game-but never the installed ones.

zaleth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 08:51:06 am »

Removing or deleting the original game hoods will not hurt your game, but if you delete the original hoods the game will auto replace them as if you had just installed them.   It is a good way to fix the hoods should they get messed up.  Just means if you did anything with the sims there its gone but, in your case I do not think that is the issue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: