Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:38:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: MLB PROJECT ~ Jason Varitek, #33 Boston Red Sox by request  (Read 9549 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »

*Part four of a four-part project by request from beard_ed*

It's Jason Varitek!

Jason Andrew Varitek, born April 11, 1972 is an American baseball player. After being traded as a minor league prospect by the Seattle Mariners, Varitek has played his entire major league career for the Boston Red Sox. A three time all-star and Gold Glove Award winner at catcher, Varitek was an integral part of the 2004 World Series and 2007 World Series Championship teams. In 2005, he was named the captain of the Red Sox, the fourth player given the honor. He is a switch-hitter. His nickname is "'Tek" or "The Captain."

Varitek is one of only two players in the history of the sport to have played in the World Championship game of the Little League World Series, in the National Championship game of the College World Series, and in the Major League World Series (Ed Vosberg is the other). Varitek stands alone as the only baseball player in history to have played in the three aforementioned World Series along with playing on the Olympic Baseball team, and in the World Baseball Classic.   From~ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Varitek

:worship: Special THANK YOU's to the following for the amazing Custom Content! :worship:

montoto sk

schuldig  

xandher  

onah  

rensim  

a.s.k.  

serasims

He's packaged with Maxis base-game clothing and hair.

If you'd like the Boston Red Sox jersey and ball cap you will need to go to one of the following links to get them:

nasports  

rebus  

psyanide  

This was the closest thing I could find to a baseball uniform and I searched high and low. The jersey doesn't have the right name on the back or right number on the front- yes, I'm aware of this- but like I said, it was the closest thing I could find. I was not able to alter the jersey *by Rebus* to reflect the correct name and number because it expressly states in the policy that this is forbidden. I also realize that the ball cap sits up too high on the forehead- but this is the way Maxis made it- and I cannot fix this because the same policy applies to the ball-cap *by Psyanide*. I did look for a mod or fix for the cap issue but couldn't find one.

NOTE- the baseball jersey outfit only works for the regular body shapes so it won't appear if you are using the body builder meshes- and I have no idea how to convert the clothing- and besides- the policy says "no alterations" so.... sorry.

This Jason Varitek sim was made using montoto sk's awesome bear-body-shape shower proof skintones so he will be ready for a fabulous marvine and beosboxboy body builder, athlete, or slim body builder bod - which looks divine on him.  Kavar's Coyote showerproof skintones also look incredible if you'd rather use those on him. Wink

PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD THIS SIM OR ANY CC USED TO CREATE HIM TO THE EXCHANGE, PAYSITES (including donation sites), OR CLAIM HIM/CC AS YOUR OWN WORK!!!!

Be sure to give proper credit/links to the original creators of the CC if you use it elsewhere- and be sure to honor the original creators policy!

As I mentioned this is part four of a four-part project... so if you are a baseball fan...

Get Houston Astros Brad Ausmus
Get Atlanta Braves Jeff Francoeur
Get Boston Red Sox Kevin Youkilis
Get Boston Red Sox Jason Varitek (here of course!)

~ENJOY~ Cheesy

* JVS_V2_tab.jpg (90.43 KB, 364x436 - viewed 13748 times.)
* MLB Jason Varitek, #33 Boston RedSox.rar (4436.03 KB - downloaded 243 times.)

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:25:40 pm »

Oh my goodness!

Jason looks HOT!!!

Can I have one please?!!?

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 08:32:32 pm »

You can have a whole neighborhood of him!  

Better yet go grab the other three players and have a BALL-GAME!!!  :lol:

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
bre

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:41:12 am »

V-tek! I adore this dude.  You did a great job simming him. Thanks!

Me on MTS2

(2nd) -  Olka Koval Wedding Makeover (tied), Newlyweds with Erica and David-Jacob, A Family Christmas with The Feldmans
(3rd) - Betty Goldstein Makeover
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 02:41:57 am »

Thank you bre! Smiley

And you're welcome! Wink

~*~ Donna ~*~
sabresfan75NY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 01:18:29 pm »

Yep..another great likness of yet another bean town boy. Again, out of shere respect for your fantastic talent, I'll leave him alone. Smiley You do such tremendous work....how about a Jason Giambi? He's a Yankee Smiley. Great job, and thank you. Thank you very much.

"Maybe it's not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate."  _Ozzy_
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »

You're really working hard on this project. Thanks hon.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 02:36:56 pm »

Thanks sabresfan and Joy! Smiley

sabres IF I finish the current request list before our new school year begins (we plan to start Sept. 2) I'll keep Jason Giambi in mind. Wink

~*~ Donna ~*~
sabresfan75NY

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 03:06:18 pm »

Cool!!!!! Would love to see the "Gimbino" in my game. I'd have him, Jeeter and A Rod pound the crap out of youkilis and veritek. Oh yeah..that reminds me...with your kind "go ahead" in your youkilis post, I've decided to download them both and use them for stress relief. This is going to be fun.

"Maybe it's not too late, to learn how to love and forget how to hate."  _Ozzy_
beard_ed

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 05:17:57 pm »

'Tek looks superb! Though he is nowhere near the perfection of your Seann Sim. I didn't know a Sim could look so real!
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 05:45:02 pm »

Thanks beard_ed...

Ah yes--- that Seann sim is going to be my best work yet! Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
mamasimk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 10:20:01 am »

Quote from: sabresfan75NY;1331701
Cool!!!!! Would love to see the "Gimbino" in my game.

Jason Giambi would be great, maybe I can alter Jeters uniform with his number and have him in my game too! I just wonder, mustache or not? it seems to be making on and off appearance, and the tattoos would be too hard, they'd be hidden by his uniform anyway.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:26:11 am »

I've never mastered the tattoos Sad

I wanted to give the Seann William Scott the heartbreaker tattoo but I couldn't figure out how to do it without it looking "pasted" on.  :lol:

I notice that the ball-players do that "facial hair today gone tomorrow" thing a lot!  :scratch:

I am in awe of your uniform mamasimk and your Jeter turned out awesome! Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
mamasimk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 10:54:05 am »

I was surfing for pictures of Giambi, he might be fun to make. I'd do him with a bodybuilder bodytype with the uniform. His face, though has a scar near his lip or something, might be tough.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 10:28:56 am »

Scars aren't too hard to do actually- go look at the drake bell I did...

For his scar I just used photo impression on the face of the skintone.

I used his skin- did the eyedropper on an area that was light and a bit pink - like near the cheek or lips then used that color to make a smudged line in the position of the scar. Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: