Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 04:57:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: downloads  (Read 4339 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
lexi9803

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:44:42 am »

okay, so i have gotten the downloads in my folder but i can't figure out how to activate them on the sims 2. please help me!:smt120i can't figure out if it is just because i have it on the pc game or what it is, but if you can, please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jamesabrown1
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 11:21:43 am »

I'm going to have to go back to (ugh) work. I assume you have the package extracted to your EA/SIMS2/DOWNLOADS folder, be sure to check the box "enable custom content"  that comes up just before the main menu (neighborhood select screen). In the game you should find the InSiminator in the buy mode, electronics, all (infinity sign) group and it along with it's individual function objects should be the first things you see in the windows. First time you enable CC it takes a few to load, then you may want to enter a neighborhood and either enter a house or activate the buildings (F2), then exit the game and restart. Don't know why this is, but sometimes it just happens that way.
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 06:36:01 pm »

when you go right into the game is it supposed to say the enable custom content or do you have to do something before it comes up, sorry i am acting kinda stupid, i just really want to have the downloads!
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 06:52:26 pm »

nevermind that last post i wrote. i understand what you mean now, but my game doesn't do that before the main neighborhood thing. soooooo, do you have any ideas on how i should activate the downloads?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 06:59:16 pm »

Go to options, the bottom button with the three dots on it.

Then click on either graphics or settings, I can't remember which one it is.

Then you'll see an option to enable or disable Custom Content.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 07:35:34 pm »

^^ It's the one that says "Game Options"... aka, the "cogs" icon.  Wink

lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 11:23:42 am »

okay, so i enabled custom content and restarted the game, but a window never came up before i got to the main neighborhood menu. so please help me, has this happened to anyone else before?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 11:40:54 am »

If CC is enabled and you restarted, you don't need to have that window come up again.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 12:48:28 pm »

What format are your downloads in?
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 03:49:47 pm »

what does that mean?
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 06:34:40 pm »

I just mean when you've put them in the downloads folder what file type is it? Like is it still in the zip or rar? Or is it a sims2pack?
If it's in a zip or rar it needs to be extracted into the downloads folder, and if it's in a sims2pack you just open the file normally and the sims 2 content installer should install it for you, so you don't have to move it into the downloads folder.
Sorry if this sounds patronising or anything, it's just an idea^^

If the format is rar then extract the files inside into the downloads folder, then they should start working in-game.
There's a tool called Sims Robo File Maid or something similar, and if you drag rars or zip files onto the maid she automatically extracts the files and places them in downloads ready to use in-game.
I'll try to find the link for you.^^

Edit:
Here's the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=119585
I think there are instructions on the site^^ But basically you can drag rars or sims2packs or zip files onto 'the lawn' shown in the pictures on MTS2, and then the program will install the content into your downloads folder for you.
When it asks you to set the directory to place the downloads in it's just My Documents > EA Games > Sims 2 > Downloads.
Hope this helps^^
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 06:37:53 pm by Trepie22 » Logged
rwills

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2008, 07:39:46 pm »

For extracting or unzipping files, strongly recommend http://www.7-zip.org/">7-zip. Free, safe and user-friendly.

Once you have extracted/unzipped the contents, get rid of the.zip or .rar file, or move it to storage someplace else - there is no reason to keep a .rar or a .zip file in your Downloads folder.

For Sims2Pack files, strongly recommend using http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/">Clean Installer to open and install them. The Sims installer can sometimes be glitchy and troublesome at times with custom files. Additionally, Clean Installer offers the option of just installing the lot without (or with just selected)  custom content or hacks.

And, as above, once the Sims2Pack file has been installed, delete it or move it to storage - it serves no function sitting in the Downloads folder.

Just my 2¢.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:46:21 pm by rwills » Logged
lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 06:56:57 pm »

i downloaded the 7-zip and my files are no longer rar, they are PACKAGE but they still do not show up in my game. i don't know what to do!!!!!! please help me!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:22 pm »

If all else fails, check to see if your Downloads folder is spelled correctly, capital 'D', 's' at the end.  If it is, and custom content still isn't showing up even after re-enabling it in the game and deleting your Groups.cache, Accessory.cache, ContentRegistry, and cigen.package files, try putting your downloads in your SavedSims folder.  :angel:

lexi9803

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:34 pm »

is the capital 'D' at the end or at the beginning?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: