Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:47:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need HELP Please with "crooked" skintone  (Read 2094 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2008, 07:54:21 pm »

I need some help please. Smiley

I have just completed a request for a celeb. sim and it has turned out really good!  So, I am all excited and ready to package him for uploading, when I realize I need to change his clothing first.

I put the sim in underwear... and then I saw it... on the left side the chest looked funny.  I realize that it is because the nipple isn't in the right spot- it is instead over to the side- nearly under the arm.  :eh:

Closer inspection of the sim reveals that the entire left side of the body is "off" or "crooked" if you will.  Both front and back are this way.

Now, the problems begin.

I cannot change the skintone without losing the over-all look of the sim.  

So, I get the idea to export the skintone so that I can copy the face of the one that I'm using (as the face is not crooked) to a non-crooked skin then use the recoloring options to make them "match".

Only...

I cannot just copy the face of the custom sim (which is what makes it look so much like the celeb) to another skin because when I export the skintone in question there is no adult-male face to copy!

When I load the skitone the face is there- but it doesn't show up when I export the file!  :scratch:

I can't figure out how to fix this problem... I know nothing about making skintones other than simple recoloring.  Sad

The skintone was made by Diamond Bullet... whom I've had no luck finding through the search option.  :eh:

I really don't want to lose this finished sim- he is the best one I've ever done- but I also don't want to upload him with a "crooked" body.

ANYONE that can help me - I would VERY MUCH appreciate it.  Smiley

Suggestions Please???  :cry:

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:11:31 pm »

When you check the skintone of the AM body skin itself when you export it, is it crooked when you look at the original body texture files, too, or is it just when you go to the underwear category and change his clothes?  

If it's not, then what type of underwear did you put him in?  Was it on a custom mesh or Maxis?  If it was custom, there's a pretty good chance that mesh's UV maps are screwy.  

And if that's not even the case, do you have SimPE?  You can always locate the original skin file itself somewhere in your Downloads folder and open it with that. (or redownload it from where you got it from and open that copy instead) You can look through the texture image files until you find the face skin you need.  Then you can export it from there into a safe place by right-clicking on the image while looking through the texture preview in Plugin View (with the Export option), and copy it to the other skin you planned on using as a replacement.  (...if you save it as a .bmp file, you can always rename it to match the adult male's face skin in the Bodyshop project you've created for your replacement skin, copy it into the project's folder, and import it back into Bodyshop... though if that particular part is missing like you say it is, you might have to make yet another Bodyshop project with a skin that exports ALL the skin texture files, and copy over the texture files from the old project to the newly created one.  Confusing, but it works.)

danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 08:17:43 pm »

Thanks for the fast response. Smiley

It only appears to be off center when you view it on the sim- it doesn't matter what he is wearing really- even in t-shirt you can tell that the shirt is even crooked on him.

Of course it is hard to tell in the pictures of the skin if it is off or not... especially when I know nothing about them.  

If I give him a different body shape- like from bb to regular maxis one- the skintone still appears crooked.  

The female version of the same skintone appears perfectly even- it is only the male tone that is "crooked".

I just downloaded simpe but have never used it before.  I will go read the tutorials about it and then try the process you described here, thank you. Smiley

Thought it might help if I post a pic since it is hard to describe the problem I'm having.  Smiley

As you can see I've used the "bear" body shape, the "slim body builder" body shape, and the normal maxis body.

In all three pics you will notice the chest (nipple), navel, leg, and knee tend to be off center- like they are pulled to the side too much.

It doesn't show the chest crooked with the bear shape because of the way the nipple is placed on that mesh I guess.

You can tell better in the other two pictures.

I know it is subtle- it is only off a bit- but it really bugs me- and I'd like to fix it.  Smiley

(it is the right side of the picture as you look at it but technically the left side when you are talking the sim itself)

Going to try and figure out the simpe now- but this shows the problem I'm trying to correct at least, in case that matters.

Ok- wait- I found the file by doing what you said Tenshii - thanks!!!

I'm going to try to use this face on a new body to see what happens- hoping that will fix the problem.  Wink

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for the help.  Cheesy

IT WORKED!!!!! :dance:

Oh my goodness Tenshii~Akari I simply cannot thank you enough! :worship:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

(I'll be sure to mention your help when I make the thread for the upload!) Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:38:25 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

~*~ Donna ~*~
I DO NOT ANSWER ANY PM REQUESTS! PLEASE READ POST#26 AT MY THREAD! *HERE'S THE LINK: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,85501.0.html
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 10:10:28 pm »

I can hardly wait!!!

Gonna get me some Sean Cheesy

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 10:32:57 pm »

LOL- well yes, now that the skin problem is solved I'm prepping him for upload....

He's well worth the wait... he is simply marvelously drool-worthy :drool:

:lol:

BIG thanks to Tenshii~Akari though- I was about to delete him and start all over!  WHEW!

~*~ Donna ~*~
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:29:18 pm »

:lol: A little late (due to connection problems) but you're welcome.  Glad it worked for you!  :smile bi:

danceswithwands

[= *DAZZLED* =]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 10:26:48 am »

UGH- connection problems- been there done that! Smiley

~*~ Donna ~*~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: