Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 07:24:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Computer restarts when i try and play  (Read 2137 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Neptune

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 02:20:23 am »

Hi,
My game has been working perfectly and all of a sudden every time I press play (in the Freetime play dialog box) my computer restarts.

When it boots back up it says "Windows has recovered from a serious error" :hammer:

It's not a CC problem because i have removed it all and it still won't play.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the disc because I have the Anygame Starter installed and that still works using the same configuration as my normal game.

My system specs are as follows (if this helps anyone):
Windows XP
Intel Core2 Duo
2.4 Ghz
2 GB RAM
300 GB HD (

I am currently running Sims 2 Deluxe, Uni, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT expansions and Celebration, H&M, Holiday & Teen Style Stuff packs.

I just don't know what is wrong :dontknow:, should i just reinstall???
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:30:21 am »

Try deleting the groups.cache, accessories.cache, and cigen.package files.
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 02:33:31 am »

Is there anything in your game error log (My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Logs)? If so that might help us (you could upload it as an attachment so we can take a look at it Smiley). We need either the most recent Sims2Exception file or ObjectError file (or both)

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 02:36:19 am »

Hi, I've gotten that "Windows has recovered from a Serious error" screen before and it's simple to fix, if you're using windows xp run a system restore, it'll take you back to a previous state, a state where your computer was working, it's worth giving it a shot Smiley

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
Neptune

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 03:03:52 am »

Thanks for the replies.

I have deleted the caches and cigen so thats not it.

I found the most recent error logs and attached them as requested.

With the system restore will i lose any files or anything??

* Sims2Exception 2008.07.21 14.36.12.txt (10.05 KB - downloaded 127 times.)
* ObjectError_G001_t424.txt (104.33 KB - downloaded 152 times.)
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 03:36:10 am »

I took a look at your logfiles and I noticed an error code in the exception log that indicates a possible problem relating to memory: the dreaded 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.

This is one of the single most frustrating errors to get, because when your game is trying to run it's trying access a section of memory allocated to something else, and it causes the crash.There's a few things that can cause this, which is what makes it frustrating. It can be faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, and (particularly with) XP Service pack 2, malware/adware installations. Before doing a system restore, try this:

If you have Adaware or any spyware scanning software, run it to get rid of any spyware/malware/adware. If that doesn't fix the problem, you could have a corrupt device driver, so try redownloading and reinstalling any video/sound card drivers (make sure you uninstall the old drivers). If you've recently updated your graphics drivers, try rolling them back.  

Now, checking for a bad RAM: there's a couple things you can do. Take your ram out and check it by putting it back one stick at a time or use this utility here.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Supernatural_Vixen

Certified Teddy Bear Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 03:39:17 am »

You shouldn't lose anything, as long as you don't don't go back too far * don't choose a date that occured before you installed Freetime, or it want work * other than that you shouldn't have any problems.

Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole!
:iroc: Fire up the Impala!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: