Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:37:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: some of my houses aren't connected to roads.  (Read 1497 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2008, 04:11:49 pm »

i don't know how that happened, but it just did.  i was loading up the sims for the first time in months and went to my neighborhood.  i'll take screenshots of the neighborhood next time i load the game up to show you.  also, some of my sims are missing from said neighborhood, and when i click on one family, the game freezes.  i'm not sure if this is because of the fact that my computer was seriously slow last night or if it's an issue in my game, but whatever the reason, that family doesn't seem to want to work.

i'm about to load my game up and test a few things out since i just extracted the sim i lost with simpe so i can piece her back together. = w=~~  any help with this is appreciated!

if it helps, i'm running on windows vista and i have about 5GBs left of space on my computer. e we  i also tried moving ts2 to my external harddrive to free up some space on my computer but gave up because my computer didn't have enough memory to move all that stuff. xD  idk if that has anything to do with anything, though.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:27:39 pm »

In my opinion the best thing you can do is delete the neighborhood completely.  It sounds seriously corrupted.  Recover any sims you want to hold on to, then start them off in a new neighborhood.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:20:59 pm »

ohmaaaan, seriously? D;  i think i'm gonna want to look for a second opinion; i seriously love this neighborhood a lot.

if i do delete it, is there a way for me to save all of the relations my families have to each other without having to go through simPE and add all their memories back?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:38:17 pm »

You do have the option of going into SimPE and trying to edit all the memories and reestablishing relationships, but there's no guarantee that will remove the corruption in the neighborhood.

All three of the neighborhoods Maxis provided with the base game have problems right from the start, before you even place your first sim.  PV is the safest of the three to play and VV is the worst.  Cleaned up neighborhoods are available on MATY that fixes those problems.

If you have BV and didn't patch it and don't have Pescado's antiredunancy mod, every time you visit a vacation lot and brand new set of BV NPCs is generated.  Just a short matter of time before the neighborhood is corrupted.

You can save your families and their relationships with anyone in the household by exporting the lot to a file. Then use Clean Installer to install the lot back into your game.  This will clean up their memories of any non-household members too.
Nita-Chan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 06:51:12 pm »

ohh maaan. ; w;~~  i'll go download the antiredundancy mod now and delete the neighborhood.  thaaanks.  good thing i backed up the neighborhood a while ago. ; w;~
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 06:54:44 pm by Nita-Chan » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: