Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 05:51:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for Love  (Read 14849 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 05:16:48 pm »

This chapter is short, but I do have pics!

“My nieces need a governess.”  The word seemed to erupt from his mouth, although now that he thought about it, it wasn’t a very good idea.  What did he know about this woman?  Nothing other than the fact that her mind might be damaged.  Did he really want that kind of person watching his brother’s children?  Maybe it could work as long as Rebecca knew to come to him if she wanted to do something strange or dangerous.  “I know you don’t have references, but I’d be willing to give you a chance.”  She wouldn’t receive a better offer anywhere.

Relief flooded through her.  Here was a chance to stay in this place, and she was going to take it.  “I’d love to watch the girls.”  She accepted before he could change his mind.  “When do I start?”

“Well, I’ll introduce you now, and you can start in the morning.  You’ll need to help them with their studies, and take care of their needs.  Do you think you can handle that?”  His eyes were full of doubt.

“I’ve actually met them upstairs, but I’d like to tell them what’s happening.”  Thank you Mother for teaching me everything a gentile woman should know!  “As far as the rest goes, I’m sure I can manage their studies and their needs.  Don’t worry so much.  You’ve made an excellent decision.”  She smiled confidently, and as he stood, she followed suit.  He led her back upstairs, this time taking her to the schoolroom where the girls were learning how to embroider.  “Hello, girls,” she chirped cheerfully, “What lovely work you are doing.”  She knelt next to Sam and peered at what looked like a red blob.  “What a pretty . . . flower.”  

Sam frowned and Rebecca groaned.  “It’s a fish!”  Throwing the embroidering on the floor, the little girl burst into tears.

Nonplused, Anne wrapped her arms around her.  “Of course it’s a fish.  What was I thinking?  It’s a wonderful fish, truly.”  Sam stopped crying, and looked hopefully into Anne’s eyes.  “I’ll help you turn it into the best fish ever.  All you need are some eyes and fins.”
“Really?  You do like it?”  

“Really, I do.”  Anne picked the cloth up, brushed it off, and handed it back to the girl.  “We should not treat our things like that, however,” she gently admonished.  “I have some news.  Your uncle just hired me as your governess.”  Biting her lip, she waited for their responses.

Rebecca smiled, while Sam clapped her hands.  “We were hoping you would stay!”  Sam cried joyfully, “We were hoping . . . ”  Glancing at her sister, she trailed off.  “Um, yay!”  She finished.  Anne looked suspiciously at the sisters.  They looked innocent.  Probably too innocent.  Shrugging, she figured that she would find out what they were up to sooner or later.

As the adults left the room, the girls looked at each other and giggled conspiratorially.  “Do you think that it will work?”  Sam asked.

Rebecca thought about the way that Uncle Jeremy looked at Anne.  “I think it’s already working.  It’ll happen soon.”  There was a feeling of urgency in the pit of her stomach.  “The sooner, the better.”

“Are you still sure that Momma truly won’t mind?”  Tears formed in Sam’s eyes.  She could hardly remember what Momma looked like.  She felt a little guilty about their plan.

“We’ve been asking Momma to send her to us for a month now.  Finally she came.  Momma would never have sent her to us if she minded.”

Sam felt much better.  If Rebecca said it was okay, then it really was.  Her mind quickly switched paths.  “Do you think that we will have more sisters?”  Sam loved babies.

“Maybe even a brother.”  Uncle Jeremy would need an heir.  

Sam lost interest in the conversation.  Boys were icky.  Who would actually want one?  Well, except for Poppa and Uncle Jeremy.  She loved them.  She heaved a sigh as she picked up her embroidery.  Now she had to find a way to make her flower into a fish.

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 07:41:56 am »

ohhh, next installment soon please!!!
Nouk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 08:55:41 am »

I love this story! Ver well written, very original and you keep us interrested!!

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 11:34:38 pm »

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
jayb04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 12:23:39 am »

Great Story!!!!!
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 01:15:19 am »

Wow! this is a great story! I hope you are working on a "sequel"!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
snake_66_c

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 01:35:36 pm »

Well done! Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing.
Simmahaon
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 01:45:11 pm »

:goodjob:  Love the story! I'm so curious what will happen next!
Kateyes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 02:37:55 pm »

I was having so much fun reading..I can't wait for more . 8-)
Malfoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2006, 04:45:41 am »

excellent story! can't wait for the next chapter!!
Mandie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 06:06:56 pm »

Anne felt as if she was going through some mental breakdown.  Here she was, years away from her own time, and all she could think about was her handsome host and his sweet charges.  Confused and unbelievably tired, she escaped to her room as politely as she could.  Bessie came up soon afterward, and helped her dress for bed.  As soon as the maid left the room, Anne climbed into bed and fell into an exhausted slumber.

“Anne?  Where did that girl go off to?  Oh there you are.  Hello darling.”  That voice!  But, it couldn’t be!  It was.  The woman who walked around the corner was the last person she ever thought she would see again.

“Mother?  But you, you’re dead!”  Tears came to Anne’s eyes as she gathered her mother into her arms.  

“Hence the reason I’m visiting you in your dreams dear.”  She laughed as she looked at her darling daughter.  “Oh, my dear, I have missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too, mother.  I’m so sorry that I didn’t do a better job protecting your things.”  

Her mother scoffed, “Oh pshaw!  Things aren’t that important.  Only you ever mattered to me.  I was so sad to see you uprooted and unhappy.”  She looked deep into Anne’s eyes.  “You have no idea the forces involved in giving you this opportunity.  Please think long and hard before giving it up.  You have until the full moon rises again.  Only one month to decide the outcome of your life, and for that I’m sorry.”  She hugged Anne again.  “Whatever you decide, know that I love you, and I will watch out for you.”  Her image started to flicker.

“No, don’t leave!”  Anne sobbed.  “I love you too!”  She cried to an empty room.

Anne sat up in bed.  Her heart was pounding, and tears were running down her cheeks.  Looking out her window, she could see the full moon shining through.  She could be home in one month.  But home to what?  What was worth going back for?  She would give this time and these people a chance, she decided.  She had just laid back down and closed her eyes when a scream echoed through the castle.

Anne wasted no time.  She grabbed her wrapper as she slid her feet into her slippers.  Running down the hall, she got to Samantha’s room before anyone else arrived.  Slowly, she opened the door and gazed down at the sobbing child.  After walking up to the bed, she lay down next to the little girl and took her into her arms.  “Shhh.”  While rubbing her back, she hummed softly.  Memories of being held like this when she was small flooded her mind, and she sniffed delicately as she took a moment to miss her mother.  “Did you have a bad dream?”  She whispered.

Sam nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks.  “I want my Momma!”  She wailed.  Burying her head in Anne’s chest, she just sobbed.  Momma was never coming back, and Sam was finally realizing it.  Anne’s hands rubbed her back as she cried for everything she missed from her old life.  As her sobs faded into shuddering breaths, the many nights of waking up hit her hard.  She was so tired, and Anne was so warm.  If she had to have another mother, she was glad that it was going to be Anne.  Her eyes fluttered as sleep overtook her.

Anne lay down next to the sleeping child, just in case she woke up again.  She had always wondered what having children would be like, but she had never dreamed it would be so exhausting.  The stresses of the day had finally caught up with her, and wrapping her arms around Samantha, she followed her into dreamland.

Jeremy had woken up to Samantha’s screams as well.  He groaned, wishing that for one night, he could have the sleep that he was used to.  She stopped much sooner than usual, and Jeremy remembered that the girls now had a governess to take care of them.  Rolling over, he fully intended to go back to sleep, but his mind wouldn’t rest until he made sure that his small niece was really all right.  He got out of bed, and strolled down the hall to Sam’s room.  All was quiet behind the door, but he still opened it silently.  Moonlight streamed through the window, lighting the two sleepers with almost halos.  He smiled, thanking his lucky stars for bringing Anne into their lives.  Walking over to the bed, he picked her up, preparing to take her to her own room.  Anne sighed as she snuggled deeper into his arms.  She sleepily kissed his neck, and slept on as Jeremy delivered her to her bed.  Standing over her bed, he rubbed his neck absentmindedly.  What he wouldn’t give to climb into that bed with her.  To wake her with kisses of his own.  But she was his nieces’ governess, not a trollop for his own uses.  Reluctantly, he left her bedroom and headed toward his own.  This night had turned into another sleepless one, but this time it was because he was too aroused to sleep.

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  "I think so Brain, but if you changed the P to an O, my name would be Oinky." - Pinky and The Brain

Read my story Soul Searching!  Tell me what you think.
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 02:42:49 am »

ooohhhh, things are heating up!
Kateyes

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2006, 04:40:50 pm »

Sweet...I need more lol..I'm talking about Samantha and Anna, It's sweet Sam found she can take to Anna like that. We all know kids have a hard time with new mom's.. Your doing very good.
AjiDivine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 09:49:14 pm »

I can hardly wait  for the next chapter.

Simming is a way of Life!!!  :toothy4:
Check out my sims pictures.
My Apocalyse Challenge
2nd Place in Part of Your World - Jocelyn Lanier
3rd Place in The Devil
oddball011

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 09:02:43 pm »

omg i need more!!!! Its just getting into the romance

please ive been waiting soooo long!

its been like 3 months waaa
« Last Edit: July 08, 2006, 07:43:54 pm by Melanie » Logged