Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:30:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem Entering my Home  (Read 2005 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ladysilk

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:01:55 pm »

Hello Insimenator family, I've downloaded Elica676's Night Stars Home(which I simply adore may I add) and when I try to enter this home with my sims they just stand at the door stomping their feet with a black box above their head in that thought bubble they all have (you know). Something is blocking them from getting any further than the front door and it's driving me crazy because I can't figure it out.  Has anyone else ever had this problem?, I hope it's a simple fix, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ladysilk
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:53:54 am by ladysilk » Logged
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:56:34 pm »

It's the ceiling tiles. You need to either get rid of them or get some sort of controller that enables them properly or something. I don't use downloaded ceilings so I'm not sure what you need to make them work.

I downloaded the lot and had a look at it. My test sim did exactly the same thing. Then I removed some ceiling tiles and she was able to walk into only those areas of the house where there were no ceiling tiles. Because of all the missing meshes the whole place was flashing blue and it kind of felt like she was in a weird disco. LOL

Also - beware of the hacked mailbox this house introduced into your game. Those things need to be updated for every EP and if it wasn't the right version for your game, you may experience problems.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
ladysilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 05:50:32 am »

Thank you Engram, that makes a lot of sense. I have other homes of hers that have the Ceiling tiles that work in my game but that MUST be the problem and I did disable the  mailbox hack, also I found the phone controller hack became a problem too.  I thank you again for going through the trouble of downloading the house to investigate for me, you're wonderful.

Ladysilk
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:11:16 pm »

I doubt it's the ceiling tiles. You should search for any long lights or box-shaped items in the foyer. There could also be plants near the door. You could even remove all items from the foyer and see if that helps.

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
sonjasierra1
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 01:32:43 pm »

how did you remove the mailbox hack?
Engram

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 06:48:18 pm »

Quote from: Jasumi;1429509
I doubt it's the ceiling tiles. You should search for any long lights or box-shaped items in the foyer. There could also be plants near the door. You could even remove all items from the foyer and see if that helps.

To make the sim able to enter the house all I did was delete the ceiling tiles. It was a clean game on a secondary account that had nothing but the CEP and the CC that came with the house. It was definitely the ceiling tiles preventing my sim from entering, because as soon as I deleted a few tiles, the piece of ground/house floor below became available. I didn't delete any plants or any items from the foyer, etc. Only ceiling tiles. Once the tiles were gone, the sim could walk around the house. I don't know why, but that really does seem to be the problem in this case.

Ell-jay: lots, sims, defaults and other downloads<br />The Thunder God went for a ride upon his favourite filly.<br />\"I\'m Thor!\" he cried, the horse replied<br />\"You forgot your thaddle, thilly!\"
Jasumi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:59:42 pm »

Quote from: Engram;1429984
To make the sim able to enter the house all I did was delete the ceiling tiles. It was a clean game on a secondary account that had nothing but the CEP and the CC that came with the house. It was definitely the ceiling tiles preventing my sim from entering, because as soon as I deleted a few tiles, the piece of ground/house floor below became available. I didn't delete any plants or any items from the foyer, etc. Only ceiling tiles. Once the tiles were gone, the sim could walk around the house. I don't know why, but that really does seem to be the problem in this case.

That's odd. Never happened to me before. But thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep this in mind

(3rd) Ae Young Kim Mother of the Year
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: