Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 03:38:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:college Interactions on any lot new version available(4/14/06)  (Read 28921 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2006, 12:39:14 pm »

As requested:
This mod allows young adults to do research, assignments, write term papers, and hack grades on any lot.

Note: EP1 & EP2 or greater is required to use this mod.

This mod is compatible with FFS & GLS.
This will most likely conflict with my nopartyassignment mod.

You should create a test neighborhood if you don't already have one before trying this hack just to be safe until it's out of testing.

4/14/06 New: Version 1b added choose major.
Only download one file.

* CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLot&noautonomousAssignments.zip (0.92 KB - downloaded 889 times.)
* CollegeInteractionsOnAnyLotV1b.zip (0.91 KB - downloaded 1355 times.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:24:21 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 12:54:33 pm »

A love offering for Squinge.  

I don't share my brownies with just any old body, you however kind sir, have permanent access to the brownies stash.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:03:30 pm »

Quote from: ilikefishfood
A love offering for Squinge.

I don't share my brownies with just any old body, you however kind sir, have permanent access to the brownies stash.
Thank you they smell yummy.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:35:50 pm by Squinge » Logged

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:01 pm »

FYI: This will most likely conflict with my nopartyassignment mod.

Ste

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 03:42:06 pm »

Quote from: syberspunk
FYI: This will most likely conflict with my nopartyassignment mod.
What does that do?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:36:08 pm by Squinge » Logged

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 03:56:26 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
What does that do?

Stops YAs from doing assisgnments during a party!  Now that's serious dedication! lol!  I don't know any college students who do that!  Too bad they'll conflict.  They're both good.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 04:18:08 pm »

Stops YAs from doing assisgnments during a party!
Have you tried these to hack together yet?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:36:28 pm by Squinge » Logged

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 04:36:48 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
Have you tried these to hack together yet?

No, I don't have syberspunk's mod, but I can get it and test them together in a clean, vanilla game if you like.  I've got something do take care of something right now, that'll keep me busy for an hour or so, but then I'd be happy to give these two a whirl togther after that, and see what happens.  Stay tuned......

EDIT: I can't find Syberspunk's nopartyassignment mod, so I can't test it with this one at this time.  If syberspunk's around and can point me in teh right direction, I'll still be happy to test them together.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 08:28:25 pm by ilikefishfood » Logged

syberspunk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 11:47:09 pm »

EDIT: I can't find Syberspunk's nopartyassignment mod, so I can't test it with this one at this time.  If syberspunk's around and can point me in teh right direction, I'll still be happy to test them together.

Heh. That's probably because the name of the thread isn't exactly the name of the mod. Tongue

You can find it on MATY or MTS2. I titled the thread differently in order to be more descriptive, but I used a simpler name for the mod because of it's initial intention and because I didn't want the name of the actual mod to be extremely long. Tongue

I personally haven't tested them myself but it is obviously they will conflict, especially since I modified the same Test BHAV for college assignments. I explain in great detail what my mod does, so you can read about it if you like. I also include all that info in the RTFM.

As for the conflict, well it really is only a minor one. But I thought I would mention it anyways. If you use my mod AND this one, you just won't get the expected results. Most likely, especially for WinXP users, my mod would take precendence. As a result, all the other college interactions should work, but your YAs won't be able to do college assignments on non-college lots with my mod in place. It's not a huge thing, but users who happened to have both mods might suddenly wonder why your mod wasn't working as far as college assignments go.

And FYI, there is a separate Test BHAV for the actual college assignment objects themselves. The one that you modified allows sims to automagically pull assignments out of their asses to start them. But there is a separate test that lets them interact with existing assignments that haven't been finished yet. The one for the pie menu when you click on an assignment itself. I don't remember if this checks the lot type, but I have changed that as well in my mod.

Ste

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 12:59:04 am »

Thanks Syberspunk.  No need for me to test then, your post gives a thorough explanation of what to expect (or NOT expect! lol!).

Love your work, and have most of your stuff.  Am surprised I missed that one.

I am however, gonna run with Squinge's mod, as I'm the one who requested it.  I need it for the way I manipulate.....um.....I mean the way I play the game :tongue5:

Thanks again for following up.  

(I was relieved to see MATY back online)

Peace,

Toni (ilikefishfood)

kathy
TRAITOR

Rotten traitor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 08:09:57 am »

Very cool!!
emino

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:20:28 am »

Just wondering... Does your sims still needs to be a secret society member in order to hack grades?
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 08:56:24 am »

Quote from: emino
Just wondering... Does your sims still needs to be a secret society member in order to hack grades?

Probably.  But that could be messing with fire doing that on a home lot while you're controlling the YA.  Remember hacking grades comes with all those security warning messages and a visit from the cops if you fail.  Dunno if the game can handle that kinda manipulation; we're already making it do something that it isn't designed to do.  Careful, you don't want your game to explode!

However, I do have a clean game with test neighbourhoods in it.  SO let me check out this feature and report back.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 09:15:17 am by ilikefishfood » Logged

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 11:25:27 am »

Quote from: emino
Does your sims still needs to be a secret society member in order to hack grades?
Yes unless you are using another hack that allows any sim to hack grades, & I would wait for the test results before trying that on a non test neighborhood just to be safe.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:37:23 pm by Squinge » Logged

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »

Squinge, I love you!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: