Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 09:09:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:college Interactions on any lot new version available(4/14/06)  (Read 27549 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2006, 05:58:14 pm »

Quick question - did your Teen sim have a Teen Job before you aged 'em to YA?

Something I meant to update on my previous post was another finding...

IF you give your sim a job(with the Career Adjuster I was able to give my YA a job) then it messes up the College Timer, and even if you then put the sims' aging back on, quit the job etc. his/her timer cannot be restarted... unless you take the sim to a College Lot, move him/her in there, then bring him/her back home and move him/her back in again.

Now it may well be that giving a Teen a job, prior to aging them at home, screws up their College Timer. Uncertain, but it definitely does it if you give them a job once they're a YA.

So, er, well, that's one thing that springs to mind - Career. Did this sim have a job whilst a Teen?

If that wasn't it, I dunno. Sorry.

But beyond that, I'm not sure. You mentioned that "Go to Class" wasn't available, and also that using the Semester Tester to "Graduate" maxed out all their skills! Gaahh!

To be honest, and reading your account of all that you did, I can't really help you, as it seems you did everything right.

The only thing I CAN suggest is that you MAY well have a conflicting Hack. Worth a thought I suppose.

I know that I have at least two hacks currently not doing their job properly(one of which is "Bite Anyone"), and I need to get around to finding which hack or hacks might be the obstruction.

Sooner or later I'll actually get off my butt and find out. Lol!

Soooo... all I can suggest to you is that a) you check to see if this sim had a Teen job, and try again on a Lot with a Teen who didn't, and b) look for conflicts.

Hope you can crack it. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 06:39:17 pm by Thraxwhirl » Logged
justluvly101

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2006, 01:15:39 pm »

thanks so much !
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 11:24:29 am »

My problem with students not being able to go to class has been unexpectedly solved by Pets!  I took the Insimenator out of my game because it hasn't been updated for Pets yet.  Then I was clueless on how to age a teen to a YA without it, so I came here and downloaded Squinge's teens age to YA without going to college hack.  When Alexander Goth aged to a YA with that hack, the next thing I knew, he was going off to class!  So it seems that aging them any other way besides with Squinge's hack doesn't work right with the college interactions on any lot hack.  But the two hacks together make the whole college at home thing work perfectly.  Yeah! Smiley
matze

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 11:59:52 pm »

Thank you. It sounds to be better than University itself.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
willisj

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2007, 11:29:44 pm »

G'day Squinge. Just wanted to say thanks for this, and all your other, hacks and mods. Your hard work has made the game more enjoyable and realistic.

I would make you some brownies but I'm a lousy cook.

Regards,

Will
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2007, 06:41:56 pm »

I would like to say thankyou also, hacks like this make the game seem more realistic, even though it's a game - thankyou
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2008, 06:22:42 am »

Thanks for this, Squinge, and its TeentoYA partner. They make things work so much better! (I haven't tried them with Freetime yet, hope they work still.)

By the way, I found that this mod was needed to enable research on bookcases when using Lion's Unitest Goldrecord (MATY). That mod works well if you want a college lot in your main hood, but not to have all teens go through the YA stage. However, I discovered that the bookcases didn't work, until I added your mod to the mix.

I saw that teentoYA isn't compatible with AL, hope you will get around to updating these college mods sometime. They really add to the game.

Thanks again.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2008, 04:20:30 am »

Note for other users - the college mods seem to be okay with Freetime still. Thanks Squinge.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: