Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 06:13:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New bodyshape in poser, how to extract it in to the game?  (Read 2331 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
~Amaryne~

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2008, 04:09:32 pm »

Hi!

I've started to try to make my first bodyshape, the plan was to use Warlokk's magnets but every time I tried to open them in poser they got invisible... (I've extrcted them into poser in magnets) So when I didn't get that to work I tried to do a shape on my own.. It's not finished yet, but I think it's a good base...

I'm hoping someone can tell me how I'll get it in-game and how to make custom meshes for this shape? But first of all how to get the shape to appear in the sims 2.. Would like some feedback on the shape, how to make it better and so on.. My goal is to try to make my own realistic shape with some round curves..

Hope someone will answer
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 10:20:41 am by caffeinated.joy » Logged

Warlokk
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 08:30:26 pm »

Well, I see one big problem right off... you're using morphs to modify a Poser figure, rather than magnets to modify a Sims mesh.  The Poser figures are completely incompatible with anything we can import into the game, you need to start with a body.obj extracted from the Sims 2 files.  Poser models are way too high-poly to be able to put into the game, and are not formatted in a useable way.

Take a look at Xenos tutorial over at MTS2, his technique is what I used to get started.  My magnets will also be helpful, and should work correctly once you're applying them to a proper Sims mesh.  Also if they are turning invisible, it may just be a Display setting in Poser... under Display is a Deformers option, set it to show all and all your magnets should be visible.

I hope that helps to get you started... I know it's daunting in the beginning, but once you get the hang of it, the creation of the shapes is by far the most fun part, in my opinion anyway.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:37:22 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: