Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 10:40:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...Explicative  (Read 2413 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ZarinaDrac

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 01:15:20 pm »

So I have every expansion/stuff pack installed through Freetime on my external hard drive.Everything was working perfectly twenty minutes ago while I tested a custom neighborhood I made in SC4. After checking the neighborhood I quit S2 so I could put my custom content back in the game (I moved my Downloads folder so I'd have better load times.) Went to start the game back up. Nothing. Checked my Task Manager just to make sure it wasn't being slow. Nothing. Tried again, watching the Task Manager. It shows it loading but then the game disappears.
I am 99.99% positive it has nothing to do with my Downloads folder, because I was playing yesterday with the almost the same custom content without problems. However, I did download several houses from MTS2 that I hadn't loaded into the game.  

Could it be that content in those houses are keeping the game from loading?
If so, how can I remove the content, since (as far as I know) the game has to load for it to show up in the Downloads folder?
If not, what else could be causing this, since all of the custom content has been removed?

Reinstalling is an absolute LAST RESORT. Anyone who knows how much of a pain it is installing the base game PLUS eleven expansion packs should be able to understand why. I don't want to have to do that again, so please help. Sad
Netra
Creator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:07 pm »

Some one just had the same problem. Try deleting the accessory.cache & cigen files in you EA GAMES/SIMS 2 Folder and then try launching the game again.

"If you liked it then you should have put a ring on it!"
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »

^^ Also, nix your Groups.cache and very well possibly your Content Registry file.  They'll regenerate.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: