Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 03:04:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: SimPE no longer works...  (Read 6091 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jazcmx

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:16:26 pm »

What is the deal with SimPE? I went away for a while, came back, downloaded some things, got the SimPE, and everything is doing fine except SimPE. It just wont start.

When I open it I get a message saying it crashed and I have to close. I unistalled it and installed it three times. I even went back to there SimPE site looking for help and didn't get any.

Anyone here know why all of a sudden SimPE started to be crap?

BOW BEFORE THE LORD OF THE EVIL SIMS
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:23:49 pm »

SimPE works just fine.  Did you update .NET in addition to being sure you have the lasted version of SimPE?  It's recommended you completely delete the old version of it from Program Files before installing a new one as it's possible some files become obsolete and could possibly cause problems with newer versions.
martio5680

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:27:37 pm »

Jazcmx
 I don't know friend. It mut be on your end somewhere. After reading your post, I went and tried my SimPE...It works. If you downloaded it again, then maybe it's in your game itself. You may have to uninstall and start all over. But ask someone else first. I don't really know anything at all. But that would be what I would try. Just back all your stuff up on a few CDs first. I wouldn't want you to lose anything at all.
  Maybe someone else has a better plan for you.
good luck, whatever you try.
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 01:10:38 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1335955
SimPE works just fine.  Did you update .NET in addition to being sure you have the lasted version of SimPE?  It's recommended you completely delete the old version of it from Program Files before installing a new one as it's possible some files become obsolete and could possibly cause problems with newer versions.
Net has been updated. All old files of SimPE has been removed. The lastest version of SimPE has been installed....and it still doesn't want to open. Everytime I try I get a message saying that it has crashed and needs to close.

Bottom line, the new version of SimPE is trash. There is no reason what so ever that it shouldn't work on my computer.

Does anyone have an earlier version I can get? And for the love of god, do not rederect me to the SimPE site. Nothing over there is helping me and they DO NOT provide valid links to older versions of the program.

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:30:53 am »

http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/ at the bottom of the page has a link to SourceForge where the previous versions are available.
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 10:43:44 am »

Quote from: ancienthighway;1336120
http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload/ at the bottom of the page has a link to SourceForge where the previous versions are available.
Thanks for the help. But I can't find what the problem is. I've tried going to earlier versions just to find out they also don't work. Nothing I do seems to help, and I've tried it all to.

I give the smurf up. I'm tickled pink that this SimPE works for everyone else but me and my smurfing computer.

Big thanks to  ancienthighway, and martio5680, for your help. Sorry if I seemed rude, but when I found out I can no longer recolor, nor can I create posters and paintings, it really put me in a smurf-up mood.

I hope everyone in the sims 2 community isn't all that busy. I have a lot of request that are going to be needed to be filled now that I don't have my SimPE anymore.

Stupid smurfing computer!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 10:46:28 am by jazcmx » Logged

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 11:29:02 am »

Have you asked for help on the SimPE forums? It's there for support and they'll probably be able to help you better than us, since it's their program. Good luck.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 12:32:10 pm »

At one time I could name all the smurfs, thanks to my baby girl and boy....

One more thing to try.  
Delete SimPE.
Click Start/Run and enter the program regedit
With regedit, open up HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Sofware
If Ambertation is listed, open it and delete the SimPe entry.

Reinstall the latest shiny SimPE and give it a go.
jazcmx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 02:10:25 am »

I just found out that I have SecRom on my computer. Is this the problem I've been having with SimPE? Did I get it when I installed Double Delux? Can I get rid of it without messing up my computer?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 02:34:32 am »

I've got it on my computer.  As far as getting rid of it, every time you run Double Deluxe from the disk, it's reinstalled.  There are other games that install it also.
MoronStyle7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 03:44:31 am »

It works, even with IKEA home stuff.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:20:38 pm »

I can't get simpe to work either it keeps saying i have a newer exp pack then the one installed, but I don't obviously it's not even out yet. I reinstalled it and everything have the newest version an idea's? I have vista 64 bit is that it most times it is ugh..

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:34:25 pm »

Care, if I remember right, that popup gives you the option to run SimPE anyway or cancel.  Go ahead and run.
Care

contimplation or constipation?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 04:29:23 pm »

I did wasn't responding but I uninstalled and then reinstalled it still gives that same prompt but seems to work just fine.. TY

caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 09:13:10 pm »

Again, I'm going to throw out the suggestion that you all take a look on the SimPE forum I linked to in my post above. They'll be the experts on SimPE Smiley

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: