Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 11:18:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange story..  (Read 5026 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vickylougrl

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:15 pm »

I have begun writing a rather strange story based on a girl who's mother is a medicine woman or shaman.

She lives a very western life and her mother's sorcery remains secret to her until her fifteenth birthday.  That is when her life changes completely and she has to become initiated into her mother's world.

I am basing this on old amazing Carlos Casteneda spanish books I have read they include Shaman type magick, shapeshifting, interdimensional astral and physical travel amoungst other weirdness..

I do not want to post this until I have taken enough photo's to wet everyone's appetite though.

Just wondering would you be interested in reading this story?

I haven't done a story in awhile I been doing contest for so long to hopefully better my pic taking.  
If anybody is interested in this story please let me know because I need encouragement to execute it.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Astral Faery

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 05:22:36 pm »

Ooh - this sounds exciting.  I would definitely read it!  When are you going to start, lol?

Visit me on my blog - Astral Faery's Magical Tales
-For some awesome reading try SimTales:  http://simtalesblog.blogspot.com/
-Need high quality downloads?  Shop Sugah's Place.  A wall to suit your every need, plus much more.  Stop in today!
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 06:42:53 pm »

Thanks Astral!  I have already started writing it.  I created the sims to portray the characters or at least most of them.

I really, really want to be able to finish this story so I might wait until I'm finished with the writing part so I can execute the pictures better.

Coptic Text
Now, when you come under their power, one of them who is the overseer will say to you: "Who are you, and where are you from?"

You are then to say to him, "I am a child of humanity and I am from the Source."
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:11 pm »

it's always a good idea to finish the written part (at least most of it). if you get good ideas afterwards, you can just add them on Smiley. I've already added two new chapters with several new twists in my story, and the story just keeps on getting longer.

your idea sounds really good, by the way Smiley just remember to take time to do the pictures as good as possible (I often spend almost an entire day doing the pics for one chapter myself). A good story with crappy pics is easy to miss (I admit that I've probably lost a few good stories myself just by looking at the pictures first...)

a really good picture should tell the story even better than the text itself, or tell parts of the story that never even comes forth in the writing - like clues and such. You can actually tell an entire story just by using pictures and no text, if you know what you're doing Smiley
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 08:37:50 pm by theraven » Logged

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:44 am »

Thanks the raven.  Pictures are most definately my weakness.  I been doing a lot of contests and imho it does help improve your picture taking.
I am definately going to finish the writing first and once that is completed work on the pictures.

At this point I have writing done up to my cliff hanger.  I can see the story in my minds eye from beginning to end which is good because ending a story is sooo hard for me.

Coptic Text

Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 05:22:25 am »

well... there's always a part of the story that is difficult to write, and it's often the end. I've got two somewhat different endings to "little fire" myself... it's so hard to choose...
I also have a couple of stories without the beginning or without some of the middle Cheesy

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
vickylougrl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 04:12:58 pm »

I have to make it over to those threads and read your stories raven.

Coptic Text

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: