Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 07:55:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 142874 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2006, 07:01:44 pm »

The babysitter problem is not related with this mod.  I have had that problem too and I don't use this mod.  It seems to happen when they are promoted and change the hours they work.  It is like the nanny is aware of these new hours before the Sims come back from work making her leave earlier sometimes, I also had nanny come again the same day because the Sìms new hour were 8pm to 2am eventhough the Sim was not working that day and it was with that Sim that the nanny was scheduled with. The game reset this at 12:00 am so the next day she comes at the right hours.

As for the rest of the problems, I am sure others will report.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 07:06:34 pm by MissDoh » Logged
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2006, 10:34:15 am »

Quote from: jase439
Here's an odd one.  Something you might want to look at, but someone noted that if you have YA's living on a normal residential lot, and a legitimate university student returns home from college to that same lot, ALL young adults on that lot are subsequently aged into adults.

Is this Inteen related? I tested it by moving a legitimate college student into his friend's house in the base hood after he graduated, and the YA stayed a YA. I am trying it with another family, one who I had move to a Greek house from the base hood. The younger brother is about to go to college at home, so I will move the older one back in when he graduates to see if it is a family thing.

Squinge:

I thought the YA aging when they visited a community lot might have been due to the fact that I had no college subhood at the time. That was not the case. I tried it with Uni students, too, and they all grew up every time. Community lots in a Uni hood are fine. I did successfuly move a student from the base hood to a Greek house, as you see, but it caused his motives to be static until I changed them to dynamic. That was kind of weird. Also, it had to be done by the Greek house members since college interactions are not available on phones in the base hood. Also, upon returning to the lot after the student moves there, the Semester Tester will cause an error due to the missing student. So I guess it needs to be deleted or class ended before letting them move to a Uni lot. The other good news is that base hood YA show up at Uni community lots on their own, and are listed in the campus directory. Uni students that visit base hood students will do assignments and research autonomously, and it shows up in their grade bar. The same goes for base hood students visiting Uni lots.

I am going to try sending a non-YA to a non-Uni community lot and invite a YA and see if they grow up when not selectable. The other move-back-in to test the aging problem may take a day or two because the teen still has 7 days before his birthday, and the YA is in his freshman year still. I am playing it all legit, just to make sure I don't bugger things up.

Edit: Inviting them to any community lot causes no problems - they even do their assignments, so it is only when they are selectable, I guess....unless someone from the same household invites them, then they become selectable at the lot and do not age - so it only seems to be when the lot is loaded and they are the ones arriving first.

Also, if the other aging problem is Inteen related, I will install it in this test hood and check it out.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 11:43:33 am by Nec » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:37 am »

Just in case anyone was curious what happens if you stop using this mod, I tried it because I had to test another mod that conflicted with this one, all of the young adults age to adult without messing anything up in the game.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2006, 04:18:29 am »

The case from the PM you got seems to me to be directly related to jobdata.
Teens are severely connected to a special jobdata that limitates access to adult interactions. That means, they can have only crap elder jobs so that the school works. YAs are in fact halfTeens halfAdults and I suppose this is the reason they don't age and don't have any jobdata print. So, it can be an issue caused by using Inteen mod.
It must be possible to recover all the data so that Uni students become a new full Age that can be simply included in the normal 'hood.
When Uni was released, it was the first trial and I suppose they were experimenting with the possibility to transfer Sims from one 'hood to another (of course they failed). My tests always showed me that the memories, family ties, DNA etc should be either completely separated folders and files or directly included in the Characters folder so that you could transfer Sims without their houses from one 'hood to the other. It is the house what causes the problem.
I just think that the Uni issues are much more alike to be solved by modders than by the source.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2006, 09:04:29 am »

I just posted a new version that should prevent sims from aging to adults on community lots.

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2006, 09:01:38 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
I just posted a new version that should prevent sims from aging to adults on community lots.

Works perfectly! Thank for the fix Smiley
Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2006, 06:17:59 am »

Hi Squinge
Can you make a fix for 1.a too? I have InTeen so I can't use 1.1 ... but my YA can't go to community lots without growing up Shocked(
I can't thank you enough for all your work on this one ... you are the best!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2006, 06:40:10 am »

Quote from: Simsi2
I have InTeen so I can't use 1.1 ... but my YA can't go to
You can use version 1.1, I changed the code so it doesn't conflict with inteen anymore Smiley

Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2006, 06:47:25 am »

Squinge you are an angel Shocked) Thank you soooooo much ... didn't know that you had changed it Shocked) I love this hack!
Jorenne

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2006, 06:37:45 pm »

OK, So I'm late to the party on this one and boy am I kicking myself for that, I'm also somewhat confused about this and what it does and doensn't do and what I need to go with it, I have read the entire thread so hopefully I'm not repeating anything too much (Joey and Toni know how I hate that :-P)

With this mod, and this mod alone teens will age to YA in a regular hood, great that sounds like just what I want, BUT, I don't want all my YA's to actually go to college.  

If I understand correctly they won't unless I also have the college stuff on any lot mod?  

If they don't go utilise any of the college interactions what happens?  Do they get put on academic probation?  Does the semester clock even progress without any extra ouside manipulation? And do they get the uneducated/never went to college memory (and it's associated wailing and weeping)

Do I still need to use something like the insims temporal adjuster to age them to adults at the appropriate time?

I am most truely sorry if I have broken my own cardinal rule and asked a redundant question but I am suffering from a lack of brain cells at the moment and this all has me rather confused.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 06:38:19 pm by Jorenne » Logged
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2006, 08:15:06 pm »

Hehe Jorenne, better late than never Wink

At this point you must have the semester tester in order for the college clock to run so they age, and they will not age unless they got to finals and have a good grade because the current version of 'Teens age to YA no college' still requires they go to class (but they can't), and if they do not pass they will get academic probation. The 'college interactions on any lot' simply allows them to do this without failing each semester since they can go to class and do assignments, research, and term papers.

So, there are a couple of ways to do this.

1) Use the educational adjuster to adjust their grade to where you want it and just don't let them go to class, and they can skip finals and still get a B+ for a grade if you take them up to 1,000 points (A+) on their grade level. You can leave the semester tester "class start" off or on as long as you want and they can go to work and not age, or you can let them age the whole time but they still have to have a good enough grade to age to keep from getting booted from school if you want them to move on to the next level. They will age to adult when they graduate. I have not tried letting them skip the "final" final, so I am not sure what that will do.

2) Don't use the semester tester at all and just let them skip class and then age them manually when you want to grow them up.

I am sure Squinge will eventually be able to make it work so they don't have to go to class, but this seems like it must be a hard one. I know nothing about making mods, but this one must be a real beast!

I love this hack! Cheesy
Jorenne

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2006, 08:39:30 pm »

Quote from: Nec

2) Don't use the semester tester at all and just let them skip class and then age them manually when you want to grow them up.

OK, so this sounds like it would be exactly what I want, I don't actually want student with college grades/major/classes etc living outside the college hood, I'd just like the age stage for, say twins where one goes to college and the other doesn't so they stay the same age.
TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2006, 10:38:20 pm »

I have a problem with my Sims aging from YA to Adult.  They'll go to class, but I don't have options of them doing homework, doing term papers, etc.  I'll try downloading the college hack I saw mentioned in previous posts to see if that helps.  I can't even age them with Insimenator's Grow Up option.  I can change their age to Adult, but what fun is that if you don't get the Grew Up well memory.

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2006, 10:48:18 pm »

You should be able to age them to adult with the hacked cake I posted.

TheCelt

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2006, 02:15:44 am »

I had the cake already.  I guess the problem was that I also had the teentoYAnocollege mod too.  When I took that one out, the cake worked.  Sort of.  All the young adults skipped adulthood and turned to elders.  So I will poke around and see if there are other similar mods it could have conflicted with.  It may have been caused by my previous attempts of using the Grow Me Up option in Insimenator.  I just used the Choose Age option in Insimenator to make them adults.  So I'm happy enough.  LOL

And just so you know, you've really made my Sims time so much more enjoyable with all your handy dandy and oh so helpful mods!  So thank you so much for all the time and work you put into your creations!

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: