Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:58:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 139433 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2007, 05:12:04 am »

Oh Squinge .. Thank you so much for updating this one for Seasons :0)
I just love this hack, thank you for all your hard work to make the game so much more fun ... you are the best!
_Athena_

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 02, 2007, 08:02:25 pm »

Great mod...but there's one problem..

I just installed the "Seasons" version of this.  After installing it, I went to play oen of the dorms I had in one of my colleges. I had two sims there, both of them were shown as being adults, and the Job tab was completely empty, it did not have their status for class or requirements for gaining more room for improvement. It did not say they were unemployed. It just showed their skills and then was completely empty.

Thier appearence was the same, they did not appear to have aged at all. I removed the mod and it went back to the normal age of Freshmen, Sophmore...ect...Is there any reason that may have happened?

Thanks Smiley,,,and sorry if this makes no sense...x_x...I have a hard time explaining things sometimes...
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2007, 08:54:31 pm »

Have you tried the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? to check for a possible
mod conflict.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2007, 01:58:52 pm »

I'm using this hack along with TJ's ACR mod over at MATY. Because of the way sims age and the way TJ's mod is set up if I have sims that go to university from their home lot by the time they are adults the game thinks they are far too old to have kids using the ACR mod. I think sims out of uni using this mod end up being in their 40's when they graduate. Is there a way to correct this so that the ACR mod will still see the just graduated adults as being adults and not in the elder age range? I hope this makes sense and that something can be done so these two mods can work together to allow my sims to become pregnant autonomously since its more fun to play that way.
matze

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:30 am »

Thank you. It sounds to be better than University itself.

Live your dreams, before it's too late.
lovemysims

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2007, 11:34:12 am »

I don't know if it helps to have more than one fan in need of the same fix, but I want to agree with jade and request- As humbly as possible, that you could make an ACR compatable version that would correct the sim's 'days in previous age' person data when aging them to adult. So that when they hit adult they are the same "age" as other sims who did not go to college, and would still be able to randomly run off and populate my hood.

Thank You so much whether you change it or not, as I am a great fan of quite a few of your mod- this one being my favorite though.
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2007, 03:07:33 pm »

Will this work for me? I want my teen to go to college but I don't want her to leave home. Her parents are going to go a couple days after she leaves for college, then I could move her to the dorm or something. But if I don't send her now she'll become an adult it's her last day. If I make her younger by a couple days using the elixer and her parents die the SW shows up the next day to take her because she's a teen. I also tried to let them die and call to move to college real quick that doesn't work either because then she is the last controllable Sim on the lot. So then you have to move her out in the neighborhood, and it won't let you put a single teen in the family bin. I had to exit both times without saving. I've never encountered this before and I want to go ahead and let them go. But I don't want them to go and no one is there to move their headstones to the cemetary. Their one of the few Sim families I care about. Or could I change her to a young adult with this and then move her to college leter so the SW doesn't come?

Doh never mind I answered my own question I can use this so she can change to a young adult. That way she doesn't miss out on that period of time. Then use the fake diploma or adults go to college from Christianluv, that's what I get for thinking it through...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:17:50 pm by PegasusDiana » Logged

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
m327

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2007, 10:53:01 pm »

I have all the EXPs but just now got UNI.

This thread is so very long & so very confusing... after all this reading, so far, I only got one thing straight "it's updated for Seasons".

I want my "self" sims daughter to be able to attend college from the regular hood, do assignments, term papers, & take finals. Going to college should NOT mean my daughter is like totally "dettached" from my family household & then also become an adult immediately after graduating --WHAT WAS MAXIS and/orEA THINKING??? Although I do have a few groups on campus, thank you so much Squinge for working on this for us and giving us the option to choose. It's much more realistic too.

I just need to know, which file do I need to have her go thru college from our normal hood without aging? I know there's an answer in here somewhere --it took 1/2 hour going through this thread but I still don't get it. And now there's this ACR mentioned --what is ACR?? :smt120

Thank You again
darcee

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 31, 2007, 08:49:27 pm »

Hi Squinge, I'm having this same problem as Athena with this hack.
Quote from: _Athena_;661466
Great mod...but there's one problem..
This is the first time I've used this hack, just downloaded it today, and I'm using the EP5 version. I have all the EPs and most of the stuff packs.

I played a YA in my base neighborhood and everything worked fine. She went to class, had a regular job, did her assignments... But then I went to play some of my real uni students in the uni neighborhood and they were aged to adults. I couldn't change them back by setting their semester or changing their major. Their class panel was completely blank, and when I went to the change major screen, all the majors had no names and the associated jobs were gone too. They still had YA voices though.

I ran the conflict detector thing, and nothing came up related to this one. Once I took the hack out, they were fine again.

Oh, another thing, they started out as YAs and had their class panels, but aged to adult as soon as the hour changed.

Was really looking forward to this one, and I hope you can figure it out. Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:53:24 pm by Squinge » Logged
Crmelsimlover

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 01, 2007, 03:08:31 pm »

Quote from: m327;695733
And now there's this ACR mentioned --what is ACR?? :smt120

Thank You again

ACR is the 'Autonomous Casual Romance' mod by Two Jeffs at MATY.
Drowelvenmaiden

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 11, 2008, 01:25:07 pm »

Hi, guys! Thanks for your hard work and the joy you bring to our simmies, Squinge!
I'd like to know if its possible to run the both hacks at same time, well, I want to have a YA sim wich don't go to Uni, and other that studies at home. Is it possible? And I'd like to know, to, if we must have the hacks about college interations and tester semester to everything works fine, as the hacks about the memories of not going to Uni.

Thank you and sorry if I'm repeating posts, I've read all the thread, but I still have these doubts. Thank you again.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 11, 2008, 01:31:49 pm »

Let me get this right if I understand you correctly. You're wondering if the two mods work together for you that allows a teen to grow up into a YA and stay home to study and go to class?

And what is your latest expansion pack please?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lovemysims

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 13, 2008, 04:59:35 pm »

Is this compatible with apartment life?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2008, 06:05:13 pm »

Two mods are compatible with AL, No Memory Uneducated and YaBirthdayCakev.1.0a.

BUT the other two mods, Teen To Young Adult No College - EP5 and No Want Satisify Uneducated, are not compatible with AL.

There are no plans to update the incompatible mods for AL at the moment.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
lovemysims

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2008, 09:28:31 am »

Really? I am heart broken. No more college from home:( Have Mercy on Me one more time squinge, if you ever get a minute, please update Teen To Young Adult No College.

Is there another way to get them to go to college from home besides this hack?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: