Insimenator.org
August 15, 2022, 11:20:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
  Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 117076 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Nec
Member

Posts: 57



View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2006, 06:06:50 am »

Quote from: Squinge
4/24/06 I fixed the problem with young adults aging for no reason also I added a new option to the cake to set the college clock to 2 hours before final exam.
 
With my test using the semester tester I was able to graduate & even got the diploma but I had to use another sim & click end class to get the sim to exit the final exam. I also noticed that my sim got the memory never went to college so you will have to download that fix again until I can fix that in a future version.


Thanks for the update! I will go check it out Smiley
Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 03:40:12 pm »

Quote from: Nec
Thanks for the update! I will go check it out Smiley
Can you confirm that with this new version all sims stop aging? someone reported that to me but I didn't notice it in my game.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Xylune
Member

Posts: 190


View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »

Fantastic!  I've always wanted to play YA sims without having to go through college (after the first dozen times, playing through the college scenario lost its appeal to me).  I'll have to remove the anti age elixer from my game and try this out.  Sorry elders, you're going to have to look old, now. Tongue
Logged

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 04:50:46 pm »

Quote from: Xylune
Fantastic! I've always wanted to play YA sims without having to go through college (after the first dozen times, playing through the college scenario lost its appeal to me). I'll have to remove the anti age elixer from my game and try this out. Sorry elders, you're going to have to look old, now. Tongue
When you test it could you let me know if you notice if non young adults still age & post your results here?
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Xylune
Member

Posts: 190


View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 04:53:28 pm »

Sure thing.
Logged

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Xylune
Member

Posts: 190


View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 07:54:48 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
I have got them to goto class but the stayed at class forever & wouldn't return, now I will try to change the panel so it will show their job.


This happened to me, even though I didn't want the sim to go to college at all.  I downloaded the 1.b version, so if I don't want to have to send them to college do I download the first version instead?  I haven't had time to see if there are any aging problems with non YA on the lot yet, because the game acted as though he was in college and I sent him to class, only to have him never return. Tongue

Luckily I saved before I aged, him, so I'll try to do it without sending him to class....I just don't know if it will let me do that.  It seems to want YA to go to college no matter what. Sad
Logged

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Xylune
Member

Posts: 190


View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 08:32:51 pm »

Okay, it seems both versions have problems in my game, and I ran the conflict scanner and didn't find anything.  I also removed the anti aging hack before trying either.  The second version does turn my sim into a YA when he grows up out of teen, but it pesters for going to class and if I send him he never returns.  The first version that seems to be for people that don't want college doesn't allow him to turn into a YA at all.  Instead, he becomes an adult.  I tried using the cake, thinking the teen has to interact with the cake in the first version to grow into a YA, but the only option available is "clean up".

So, let me get this straight...if I use version 1.0a, I'm supposed to also install the nomemoryuneducated file, and if I use 1.0d, I'm not supposed to use the memory file?  I'm just trying to be sure I had the right combo or lack thereof.  Is the cake supposed to go in no matter which version we use?  

I'm sorry for all of the questions but the post that the downloads are in doesn't exactly specify which files to install with which, so I kind of had to read through the whole thread to figure it out and I'm not certain I got it right.  Just trying to understand why the first version completely skipped the YA stage. Smiley
Logged

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 10:30:00 pm »

Quote from: Xylune
So, let me get this straight...if I use version 1.0a, I'm supposed to also install the nomemoryuneducated file, and if I use 1.0d, I'm not supposed to use the memory file? I'm just trying to be sure I had the right combo or lack thereof. Is the cake supposed to go in no matter which version we use?
 
I'm sorry for all of the questions but the post that the downloads are in doesn't exactly specify which files to install with which, so I kind of had to read through the whole thread to figure it out and I'm not certain I got it right. Just trying to understand why the first version completely skipped the YA stage. Smiley
The cake is to make them age from YA to adult & you are correct about the memorynoundereducate, with the newest version I just realized there is a inteen conflict but I'm not sure how serious it is yet I have to look at the inteen code to see how bad it may be, also which ep's do you own?.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Nec
Member

Posts: 57



View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 10:52:09 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
Can you confirm that with this new version all sims stop aging? someone reported that to me but I didn't notice it in my game.


I will check on that. Smiley
Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 10:54:11 pm »

Quote from: Nec
I will check on that. Smiley
Thanks I really appreciate it.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Xylune
Member

Posts: 190


View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2006, 12:50:16 am »

I've got all of the EP's, and I don't use Inteen.
Logged

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2006, 01:20:36 am »

Quote from: Xylune
I've got all of the EP's, and I don't use Inteen.
Ok thanks I know what it may be everyone else is also using my college Interactions on any lot mod so that maybe why you are having problems.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Nec
Member

Posts: 57



View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2006, 02:33:54 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Thanks I really appreciate it.


Yes, all sims stop aging, except the YA with the Semester Tester on.
Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2006, 05:35:00 am »

Quote from: Nec
Yes, all sims stop aging, except the YA with the Semester Tester on.
Ok thanks I think I found the problem it was a simple typo on my part.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin
*****
Gender: Male
Posts: 5704



View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2006, 05:35:59 am »

4/26/06 Version 1.0e should fix the problem with aging.
Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
  Print  
 
Jump to:  


Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 30 queries.
SimplePortal 2.1.1