Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 03:27:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 142460 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Mellisenda

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2006, 12:21:22 pm »

Wonderful update, Squinge. I will try it in my game later. Smiley Thank you for your continued work on this, and your other, mods.

Melissa
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2006, 12:26:59 pm »

Quote from: Mellisenda
Wonderful update, Squinge. I will try it in my game later. Smiley Thank you for your continued work on this, and your other, mods.
Your Welcome & I just noticed your website I will have to check it out when I have some free time:)

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2006, 07:23:13 pm »

I just posted antoher mod that prevents the game from satisifying the be uneducated fear.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2006, 12:16:05 pm »

Quote from: ffoakley
hey everyone i've got one question to ask. Is version 1.0f definately compatable with the inteenimator? And does it let the sims go to final exam? I usually use the 'finals in 2 hours' in the inTeen. So my sims need to be able to go to final exams.
Yes it is compatible with Inteen, but I haven't had much free time to test the final exam part so I'm not sure:)

Cani

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2006, 07:16:30 am »

I Love it, thank you ~~
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2006, 10:00:54 am »

The aging problem is definitely fixed, and I was really happy to find that they stay young adults when they find their own place. Smiley For some reason, I can't get the cake to work. He blows out the candles, and then grabs a plate. Tried it three times, and nothing. Perhaps I need to put him through college as well? I have just been having him go to work without the semester clock running. I tried growing him up with the clock on and off. It gets further with the clock running, but stalls at the grow up part. I will go ahead and send him through college and see what that does.

Edit: I tried with another YA - one that was still living at home and the same thing happened. Both also turned into adults when I sent them (individually) to a community lot. I exited to the neighborhood without saving and they arrived home as YA. Can't figure that one out.

Re-edit:P  I have some very good news. If you remember, I posted that partway through one semester, the ability to go to class was failing. That is no longer happening. He is almost done with his sophomore year and has been able to go to all classes and finals on his own perfectly. Will let you know how the graduate works when it happens.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 02:07:33 pm by Nec » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2006, 03:14:09 pm »

Thanks, I will try aging a YA with the cake myself & see if maybe that code needs to be changed because of the changes made to this mod, I'm glad the class part is working better now so this mod is getting there slowly.

Nec

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2006, 07:40:55 pm »

Yaay! This is way too cool! Just before the end of the first semester of his senior year, I got the "Tank will grow up in just two days" message...that kind of worried me since there were 3 days in the final semester. Well, he went through the first day and I got the 1 day notice, and for the next 24 sim hours he had the option to blow out candles on a standard Maxis cake. He didn't grow up, at least not yet. I had to tell him to go to his final exam for the last semester, but when he returned, he aged into an adult, has all six want slots, graduated with honors and got a diploma to boot. All the correct memories are there, as well. How cool is that? It was really hard being patient at times because I played the lot as clean as I could (sometimes it is so hard not to cheat!), and he still managed to graduate while holding down a full time job in the military career. I only stopped the college clock 2 times, and only because finals were scheduled when he was supposed to be at work.

This one is definitely a success as far as the home college education goes - just the community lot thing as far as bugs go, from what I can tell.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2006, 07:44:54 pm »

Quote from: Nec
This one is definitely a success as far as the home college education goes - just the community lot thing as far as bugs go, from what I can tell.
Ok good & thank you:) , I think I know a way of fixing that community lot thing, I just hope it can be done without making a new Inteen conflict.

XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2006, 07:00:11 am »

I've been a long time away, so I have many questions.
Does your mod replace an item of the Insimenator where you have sort of an independent Teen?
In fact all what is wished is that the Young Adult be available in a regular neighborhood. It sounds like your mod does this.
As I said I have a long list of mods to test and most are yours.
So what I'm looking for here is that: Teens age to YA home, be able to have a job and reproduce normally and can move to own home.
I do not use Inteenimater and am truly fed-up with a supposed 12yo newly aged wishing to enter Uni and the fear of being uneducated when the (TS) Uni is just a place to be a fully operating Rabbit.
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2006, 09:40:12 am »

Here's an odd one.  Something you might want to look at, but someone noted that if you have YA's living on a normal residential lot, and a legitimate university student returns home from college to that same lot, ALL young adults on that lot are subsequently aged into adults.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
XPTL297

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2006, 09:56:43 am »

Is that happening on only one lot at a time or all of the lots in the same neighborhood suffers the same effect?
Uni is a separated ngbh and I had once two Unis connected to one same home neighborhood, so this problem could even happen in the transition "return to home ngbh".
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2006, 03:37:05 pm »

Quote from: jase439
Here's an odd one. Something you might want to look at, but someone noted that if you have YA's living on a normal residential lot, and a legitimate university student returns home from college to that same lot, ALL young adults on that lot are subsequently aged into adults.
That is strange, Thanks for letting me know:)

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2006, 03:41:57 pm »

Quote from: XPTL297
I've been a long time away, so I have many questions.
Does your mod replace an item of the Insimenator where you have sort of an independent Teen?
I'm not sure what you mean by replace an item of Insimenator I haven't used that mod much, but teens once aged to YA can get jobs and move out if they want to if that's what you mean.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2006, 06:42:11 pm »

Below is a private message I just got:

"I am having a problem with this mod. I have taken it out for now but I so want my teens to become young adults without having to go to college.

The problem i was having is this, my sims are engaged and the one recently graduated from college the girlfriend is still in college, he moved into a home with his daughter but when he has to go to work, a message pops up saying that he has to go to school in one hour, then a bus shows up, i made him stay home and then a message pops up to go to work in one hour he goes but then the babysitter leaves two hours before he gets home and of course he looses his daughter, also as the game progresses it tells him he missed school and will loose a grade, then it says the teacher will send a note or tell his boss about his grades and he looses his job.

Since I removed the mod it does not happen so that's why I think it's got be this mod because of the aging."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: