Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 04:47:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 139461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:02:25 pm »

I just posted a hacked birthday cake so you can age them from young adult to adult whenever you want to.

edit:I also added another hack to stop memories of never went to college from being created.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 01:10:43 pm by Squinge » Logged

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 01:38:50 pm »

Hi Squinge
I haven't had so much time to test it yet, but so far it's working. I had my teen grow to a YA on his own and he now has a job. It seems like he's not aging and he won't grow to an adult on his own.

... Just downloaded the birthdaycake... Thank you :0)
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 03:10:08 pm »

Oh, that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 06:32:27 pm »

I'll mess around with this in my test neighbourhood, and see if I can break it! lol!  Will report back in a while.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
staciew1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 07:30:39 pm »

i'm hesitent to download this, not because it's beta, but because i almost certain this will conflict with current and future inteenimators, i have no idea what technical stuff are involved with each so post if you have any word on that...
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 07:34:49 pm »

Quote from: staciew1
i'm hesitent to download this, not because it's beta, but because i almost certain this will conflict with current and future inteenimators, i have no idea what technical stuff are involved with each so post if you have any word on that...
I will ask jase since he makes the Inteenimator and post his answers here when I get them.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:18:26 pm by Squinge » Logged

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 09:37:20 pm »

I'll save you some typing and reply here directly Smiley

I have not tested this in game, but I don't see any conflict with this mod and InTeen (current or future).  InTeen users should be fine with this.

J

PS. It will conflict directly with my anti-aging elixer mod, however.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
staciew1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 11:22:13 pm »

Quote from: jase439
I'll save you some typing and reply here directly Smiley

I have not tested this in game, but I don't see any conflict with this mod and InTeen (current or future).  InTeen users should be fine with this.

J

PS. It will conflict directly with my anti-aging elixer mod, however.

cool!-cause you know i'll be first to download the inteen *winks*

not to hyjack the thread squinge you're one of my top three mods, and i will be testing this soon...
Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 06:05:59 am »

I had my YA living at home, he had a job and a girlfriend... but when I moved him out, he became an adult Shocked( so they will grow on their own when they leave the family.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 06:35:51 am »

You know, with this and your college interactions mod, technically a YA could live at home and still do assignments and a term paper.  

Plus, if you use your workshop mod that alters the length and time of day that a sim works as an employee at an owned business, and your cruiseaslongasyouwant mod.....this could make the whole scenario even more realistic!  They'd live at home, work in an owned business in the evening, and for the purpose of storytelling you can send them on a lengthy cruise during the day, and say they were 'at school'........and then, while at home they can still their college assignments and term paper!  How cool is that?!

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Treebrooke

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 06:59:23 am »

You are wonderful! Thank-you!!!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 09:13:38 am »

Quote from: Simsi2
I had my YA living at home,
Ok thanks for the information I never thought of trying that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 04:19:51 pm by Squinge » Logged

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 10:29:03 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Have you tried having them doing a term paper or assignment with this mod? because I tried sending them to class but it wouldn't work.

They can do their assignments and write their term papers when this is used with the collegeinteractions mod (no research on bookcases though, as mentioned in the other thread).  The go to class option is not available at class time.  

For the record, their school performance does increase as they do assignments, their term paper and get any needed skills.  To bad there's not a way for them to go to class.

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 10:33:19 am »

Oh btw, even though I there's no noteducated memory as advertized, I did catch on of my home-bound YAs doing the sigh and slumped shoulders, depressed think withthe thought bubble of college.  But I daresay it's still realistic that people who're stuck living at home and attending college part time, would be a mite depressed that they didn't get to fly the coup and live on campus.

EDIT: Oh.....and another thing: I was concerned that YAs living in regular neighbourhoods would ahve a problem buying clothes as the YA option only shows up on uni lots.  However, when I had mine purhcase clothes, though there was no age group selcted (obviously) the right YA clothing showed up, and was buyable, and then showed up in his at-home wardrobe.  So all is well on that count.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 10:35:22 am by ilikefishfood » Logged

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 10:35:09 am »

Quote from: ilikefishfood
(no research on bookcases though, as mentioned in the other thread)
Is the research still not working with the new version?

Quote from: ilikefishfood
To bad there's not a way for them to go to class.
I will try doing that one a different way & see if it will work.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: