Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 01:46:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 139445 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2006, 10:36:46 am »

Quote from: Squinge
Is the research still not working with the new version?

Sorry, didn't see the new version.  Will download right away. (please note my edited post above with additional observations).

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2006, 11:02:45 am »

Version 1a seems like it stops sims from crying about not going to college in my game.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
MissLoaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2006, 11:54:28 am »

What a great idea :B I just have a question before I'll download and install this:

Version 1a seems like it stops sims from crying about not going to college in my game.

Does version 1a alone stop the crying or do I need the nomemoryuneducated.zip as well to prevent the memory?
I would love to get that "Never went to College" memory, but no crying and such.

Competed in Star Trek: Intrepid (Capt. Matthew L. Thornton, winner CO positon) - Come join our roleplay!

"X-Men - Mutant Adventures" RPG

Time Zone Converter Link 1 or Link 2
[/font]
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2006, 12:06:40 pm »

Quote from: MissLoaf
Does version 1a alone stop the crying or do I need the nomemoryuneducated.zip as well to prevent the memory?
I would love to get that "Never went to College" memory, but no crying and such.
You will still need the nomemoryuneducated if you don't want your sims to get that memory so it's optional.

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 12:08:27 pm »

Here is a message I just got:

"Hi Squinge!!
I downloaded your wonderful hack yesterday and had a chance to play for over 5 hours. Here is something I've noticed: when my ya sim changed her clothes/hair/make up she also changed her age (became an adult). And the male became an adult after a night - explanation: in the afternoon he was a teen I aged him to be a ya and everything was just fine. He went to bed and when he woke up, he became an adult. I thought I should let you know"

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2006, 02:30:01 pm »

Here is a message I just got:

"Hi Squinge!!
I downloaded your wonderful hack yesterday and had a chance to play for over 5 hours. Here is something I've noticed: when my ya sim changed her clothes/hair/make up she also changed her age (became an adult). And the male became an adult after a night - explanation: in the afternoon he was a teen I aged him to be a ya and everything was just fine. He went to bed and when he woke up, he became an adult. I thought I should let you know"

I can't duplicate this problem.  I played with a family in Plesantview that had two YAs living at home - a male and a female-  in regular jobs (one of them a custom career).  I played for two sim days, and saved and exited half way through.

They showered a couple of times, I changed their appearance, I sent them downtown, and they remained YAs.  One of them even got a promotion.

THe only drawback to this mod IMO is psychological........in that you can't see their employment info, and what skills they need to get promoted.  Otherwise, I haven't had anything buggy happen, and I'm playing with boolpropcheats on, and have had no error messages.

"If..." a TS2 epic about friendship, romance, break-ups, make-ups, misunderstandings, fights, quite a bit of silliness and a little bit of rock and roll."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2006, 02:45:21 pm »

I have got them to goto class but the stayed at class forever & wouldn't return, now I will try to change the panel so it will show their job.

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2006, 04:28:31 pm »

Hi hun!! I've downloaded the new version, but didn't play it yet. I'm going in game now. The family I'm playing has 3 teens. I'll have one of them became a ya. Soon I'll return with an answer.
I wanted them to go to college even thought they stayed at home....

I used to be Nyxie
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2006, 04:58:54 pm »

I just posted another version which allows you to goto class see screenshot.

I left the other version just in case you don't want the option to goto class.

emino

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2006, 05:02:15 pm »

So I assume if they can go to class now, they can also go to finals?

And can you add a "take finals anytime" hack? Since I dont want them to waste their times when their GPA is already full!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 05:03:22 pm »

Quote from: emino
Yes they should be able to but I didn't go that far in my test yet.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 04:10:31 pm by Squinge » Logged

emino

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 05:05:25 pm »

That was a very fast reply Cheesy. I've edited my reply with an additional request tho! I dunno you'll reply that fast.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 05:07:15 pm »

I've edited my reply with an additional request tho! I dunno you'll reply that fast.
I will try adding that to the next update.
edit: I would also like them to get the went to college memory & want in the next version.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2006, 04:07:02 pm by Squinge » Logged

ilikefishfood

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 05:26:07 pm »

And can you add a "take finals anytime" hack? Since I dont want them to waste their times when their GPA is already full!

You can use inSIMenator's Education Adjuster to set "2 hours to finals" at any time.  It's a great way to fast track through uni.  I'm going to use that feature now to test to see if this mod will let them go to finals and ultimately graduate.  Stay tuned......

EDIT: Ok, I checked.  Unfortunately they can't go to finals becasue time does not actually progress for YAs living on home lots.  Even if you use inSIM's Ed Adjuster to make it two hours until a final, the clock remains at two hours, and so the option to attend finals never comes up.  back to you Squinge.

Hey, anymore popcorn around?...I'm feeling kinda peckish :tongue5:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 05:45:12 pm by ilikefishfood » Logged

Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 06:33:19 pm »

I accept your popcorn. I'm really hungry and so lazy to fix dinner.....
You see, Maxis could have thought of that. I didn't live in a campus when I went to college. I lived in my parents' house. They should have done something like that as well. But you are a magician, Squinge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs Squinge*

Le edit: oops! Download is not working and the message said I should contact the adm. Kathy!!!!!!!!!!

I used to be Nyxie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: