Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:52:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 139474 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2006, 08:06:40 am »

Quote from: Squinge
4/26/06 Version 1.0e should fix the problem with aging.

OK, they did not age still, but I threw v1b back in out of curiosity, and they did age - only difference is the go to class thing.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2006, 08:26:46 am »

Quote from: Nec
OK, they did not age still, but I threw v1b back in out of curiosity, and they did age - only difference is the go to class thing.
I wonder if the ffs patch has changed something that i didn't notice, so they are getting stuck at class in your game?

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Nec

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2006, 10:33:28 am »

I wonder if the ffs patch has changed something that i didn't notice, so they are getting stuck at class in your game?

No, they get prompted to go to class, and can. I don't have FFS - and I have OFB but I won't patch it until they make one that really works

I have no idea how the whole hack is set up, but the aging part of v1b works, and the rest of v1d works. With the Semester Testerm of course...but that is nothing more than a minor inconvenience, and certainly worth taking the 2 seconds to spawn.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2006, 10:58:19 am »

Quote from: Nec
No, they get prompted to go to class, and can. I don't have FFS - and I have OFB but I won't patch it until they make one that really works

I have no idea how the whole hack is set up, but the aging part of v1b works, and the rest of v1d works. With the Semester Testerm of course...but that is nothing more than a minor inconvenience, and certainly worth taking the 2 seconds to spawn.
Ok maybe I will start over with v1b & compare it to the latest one to see if I can figure out what may have happened.

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2006, 02:55:41 pm »

Danger Will Robinson...the No College version of this mod has a MAJOR conflict with the InTeenimater.  Do not use together!

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2006, 03:29:14 pm »

Oh No! Is there anyway these two can ever be in the game together? I love the InTeenimater ... and I love that you Squinge has made it possible for me to keep my YA at home ... (crying) ... I really hope that there is a way to keep them both. Please Squinge ... make some magic here if you can
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2006, 04:04:22 pm »

Quote from: Simsi2
Oh No! Is there anyway these two can ever be in the game together? I love the InTeenimater ... and I love that you Squinge has made it possible for me to keep my YA at home ... (crying) ... I really hope that there is a way to keep them both. Please Squinge ... make some magic here if you can
I am going to try making this mod another way because it needs updating anyway so I will try to make sure not to use any code that conflicts with the Inteen if possible.

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2006, 08:03:02 pm »

Forgive me, but I'm a little confused.

You say that the No College Version of this Hack isn't compatible with the InTeen, but isn't this thread specifically for, quoting from the title "Teens age to young adult without going to college"?

Wouldn't removing a No College element(ie. to make it compatible with InTeen), simply be what we already have?

Sorry to sound a bit obtuse, but I'm not sure what we can or can't download from here that's safe to run alongside the InTeen, and, more importantly, what it will actually do if the "No College" element isn't there.

Or have I missed something obvious?
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2006, 08:53:01 pm »

The first version of this hack was compatible with InTeen, and then the No College version was added, and and both were available for a time.  If you have the old version (where sims still go to college), you're fine.  If you're using the current No College one, then no, it won't work with InTeen.

J

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2006, 06:41:02 am »

Quote from: Thraxwhirl
Or have I missed something obvious?
Sorry about that you may still use version 1a of this with Inteen only 1.0d & 1.0e conflict with inteen I just forgot to type that in the description.Smiley

Thraxwhirl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2006, 08:47:56 am »

Ah-huh. I think I follow you chaps now, so version 1a still permits YA sims to remain on Residential Lots OFF Campus, yes? But only version 1e(currently incompatible with InTeen) ages them to Adult, yes?

In other words, if I want to run Inteen, ver. 1a will permit me to keep YAs at home instead of having them go off to Uni... but I have to do the aging MANUALLY, with a tool like the InSIM's Temporal Adjuster.

If that's the case then I'm more than happy with that. I tend to have Aging switched off on all Lots anyway, and just manually adjust sims' ages when I feel ready to take them to the next stage, so I'll hardly notice the difference. tongue Lol.

All I've really wanted, for quite some time now, was a Hack that permitted YAs to live in the Core Neighborhood or in Downtowns, and it would seem that ver. 1a does allow for that. Smiley

Super cooooooooooooool! Smiley

Many thanks. :wave:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2006, 04:38:51 pm »

I just posted another new version 1.0f & I believe it to be safe for Inteen users just try it in a test neighborhood to be safe until it's confirmed not to conflict with the Inteen.

staciew1

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2006, 05:58:16 pm »

I just posted another new version 1.0f & I believe it to be safe for Inteen users just try it in a test neighborhood to be safe until it's confirmed not to conflict with the Inteen.

do we have to uninstall the last version then re-download, or will this automatically replace it?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2006, 06:02:53 pm »

Quote from: staciew1
do we have to uninstall the last version then re-download, or will this automatically replace it?
The filename is still the same inside the .zip so just replace the old one:)

Simsi2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2006, 06:24:17 am »

Thank you Squinge .... you are the best!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: