Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 10:36:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 144060 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
JacobM

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 24, 2008, 07:15:19 pm »

I second the request to update it! If it isn't too much trouble. spare us. Sad
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 24, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »

Quote from: lovemysims;1385344
Is there another way to get them to go to college from home besides this hack?

If you look in the Peasantry section on MATY, there is a GoldRecord Unitest mod there by Lion which allows you to assign any lot as a Uni one. That's the only other way I have found to do college without leaving your main hood. It's not the same as Squinge's version, it doesn't age all teens to YA, and the bookcases don't have the uni options. However, you can run a functioning dorm in your main hood.

Hope this helps.

By the way, I am still using Squinge's college mods with Freetime, and they seem to be working. I noticed they were not in the (currently very short) list of FT-compatible older mods. (I hope this doesn't mean something horrible is happening to my game, but it looks good so far.) I ran a YA through to graduation last night.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:03:02 pm by aelflaed » Logged
gamblor

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2008, 09:11:56 pm »

Will this work in Apartments EP?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2008, 09:27:41 pm »

Please search before posting a question that has already been answered Smiley

Quote from: Chaavik;1378601
Two mods are compatible with AL, No Memory Uneducated and YaBirthdayCakev.1.0a.

BUT the other two mods, Teen To Young Adult No College - EP5 and No Want Satisify Uneducated, are not compatible with AL.

There are no plans to update the incompatible mods for AL at the moment.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2008, 10:14:31 pm »

Even if the mods appear to be doing fine with FT, they may be wreaking havoc on your game and blow it up later down the road. If you see mods in question on that list Mr Squinge quoted, then trust us to be honest with you and try to keep you from harming your game files.

They -will- be updated once the important stuff are updated for FreeTime and Apartment Life. I really don't encourage you to say it's working for me and then later retract that statement with I was wrong. I did that before and learned my lesson. Be sure to ask one of us first before you can use the mods.

That's all! Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 26, 2008, 01:03:15 am »

Quote from: Chaavik;1394674
Even if the mods appear to be doing fine with FT, they may be wreaking havoc on your game (...)don't encourage you to say it's working for me and then later retract that
You'll notice I didn't say "This Works!! Everybody use it!!"
Not meaning to steal your thunder or anything, just reporting my experience.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2008, 01:12:23 am »

I think this needs to be cleared up.

There will be and always will be people who take other people's opinion or experience seriously and go grab those mods because of the opinion and experience people had with those particular mods.

We don't want people coming back and telling us the mods didn't work for them because of the opinions and experiences other people had with those mods.

You might want to let us decide if they are or are not compatible with the mods in question for this section. If someone ask about this or that mod, let them ask us.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
sweet_lilja

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 26, 2008, 02:26:09 pm »

I know you said it was no plans for AL, but I just wanted to say that if it happen to be I would really love it. It sounds very cool.

have a nice day:angel:
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2008, 02:38:27 pm »

I know a lot of you want this updated & I may decide to update it at some point Smiley

Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2008, 12:50:20 am »

I haven't tested this let me know if you find any problems.

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2008, 10:07:04 pm »

Yeah, get crackin' so we may appease Mr Squinge O'Master with chicken and grease. Tongue

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2008, 10:26:47 pm »

:sign5: Yes I need chicken & grease Tongue

aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2008, 04:16:47 am »

Okay, okay, I got it just now. I'll put it in my test hood and see how it goes.

I take it the other college mods are the same as the ones I'm already using, so I shouldn't need to change anything there - jut the 'teen to YA' itself.  

Thanks for fixing this up (maybe we'll all stop bugging you about it).
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2008, 06:15:51 am »

(new message so you know there's an update.)

Looks good as far as I can tell. My game includes all up to FT, excluding Pets. Almost no CC in this test version, except for an entire raft of hacks.

Installed the FT teentoYA and the birthday cake packaged with it. One odd thing was a popup about bugcatching, relating to a non-selectable visitor on the lot, rather than a resident. I don't see why this would have anything to do with your college mod. Only happened once.

Aged a teen using the YA cake, and ran him through college with shortcuts, using the semestertester, the Ya cake and Twojeffs' college adjuster at different times. All seemed to go as normal except that it took three tries to spawn the semestertester. Once I got it, it worked.

After graduation, aged YA to adult using cake. He got a flashing blue / invisible face, but I fixed that with Pescado's batbox.

I discovered that aging him to adult with the cake, rather than waiting for him to be thrown out by the game, saved having to move him back into his own house from the bin. Great!

Also tried a new teen, got scholarships, moved him into normal college dorm and completed Day I successfully.

Looks fine to me, is there anything particular you need to know about?
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2008, 01:32:38 pm »

Yes, there are a couple other things we want to see if this applies to FT.

Can you start up a fresh residential lot and age a teen to a YA? Play the lot for several days and watch the 5 Days/Season like Day 5 of Season 1 - Summer for example and see if the lot progress from Day 1 to Day 2 to Day 3 and from Summer to Fall to Winter. If the Days of the Season doesn't advance or the Seasons aren't changing, let us know.

Dancing Squirrels
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: