Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 02:18:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 139519 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2008, 01:37:35 am »

Fresh lot, CAS sims, see if the seasons advance normally. Okay, I can do that.
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2008, 04:18:12 am »

Looks good. New lot from the bin, new CAS sims. Aged teen up to YA at the end of summer, advanced to autumn normally.

I'll play some more in case it acts up further on, but so far, so good. Anything else?

(edit) Played a while longer, autumn advanced day by day as it should.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:42:53 am by aelflaed » Logged
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 21, 2008, 06:22:44 pm »

Okay, so it is something with the AL version that's interfering with the season days and seasons.

Keep testing for another full season and see if it will change seasons if you can. If not, that's okay.

Thanks for the feedback. Smiley

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 22, 2008, 08:18:44 pm »

Season changed from autumn to winter, no troubles. You're welcome! I'm glad to have the update, a little testing is small exchange.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 26, 2008, 03:46:44 pm »

Okay, the AL version is working as intended with the season and day changes. I am assuming no one else has any issue with this newly updated mod for FT.

Thanks for all the help! Smiley

Make sure to offer chicken and grease to our benevolent creator, Mr Squinge, for updating this mod to FreeTime. Oh and beer will be great as an offering to him! Tongue

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: October 26, 2008, 03:51:12 pm »

mmm Beer Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 26, 2008, 06:53:26 pm »

chicken, grease and beer offered aplenty. Thankyou Squinge!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: October 26, 2008, 07:03:25 pm »

Your welcome Smiley
*grabs beer before Jenna finds it*

TizRus

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2008, 08:33:10 pm »

Forgive me if my question is redundant, but I have no idea how to make them go to their final exam. I clicked on the cake and it said final in 2 hours, but 4 hours went by and nothing.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:02 pm »

Try clicking on your Young Adult, selecting College... and then choosing Go To Final. That should get the lazy Young Adult going to their finals like they ought to! Cheesy

Dancing Squirrels
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: October 28, 2008, 08:49:30 pm »

Thanks Chaavik Cheesy I was looking in the AL thread trying to find the answer, lol

aelflaed

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:25 pm »

However, I think they still might not go to the exam unless the semester timer has been spawned.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: October 28, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »

I was thinking that too but I don't use this mod much too busy doing requests, lol

Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:04 pm »

The two differences between FT and AL versions are the YABirthdayCake and TeenToYANoCollege mods that have to be adapted for Apartment Life because of the new apartment lots.

The Semester Tester is spawned off the Sim by shift+clicking the Sim, choosing Spawn... and then selecting Semester Tester. This one allows the college clock to run down to 0 and automatically send Sims to their classes. As for the Finals, they will go to their Finals, but if they get another message about going to their Finals, ignore it or cancel the current action in their queue, and they will return from their Finals successfully if they have good grades.

The only way to make this work is to type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true and then spawn the Semester Tester. Then type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false in the window after hitting Shift+Ctrl+C.

The College Adjuster from TJ works fine with this. I don't know about AH's College Isn't Free Series since they appear to work only for Apartment Life. Best to ask him about whether they will work with FT or not.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:57:02 pm by Chaavik » Logged

Dancing Squirrels
jubeth

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 02, 2009, 07:08:14 am »

Sorry for the annoying questions but will the nomemoryundeucated.zip work as a stand alone? I'm not so worried/bothered about having YA stage sims who go to work/live normally but I really want to be able to pick and choose which of my sims get to go to college and which don't and would prefer to send only a small percentage, but I resent the fact that if I don't send them, they cry and moan and get a bad memory about it rolleyes in my world not everyone wants to go to college, pretty much only knowledge sims would get a bad memory IMHO. I've been considering uninstalling the University EP because of this, but if your no memory file works alone this would be brilliant as the sims I choose not to educate can quit moaning and get on with it. Cheesy

Also your initial post says it doesn't work with Apartment life but the last post in this thread implies that it does and that it is freetime that is the problem, I'm a bit confused?

EDIT - sorry I've just seen your compatability list which actually answers both my questions, didn't see it before. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 07:37:20 am by jubeth » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16
  Print  

Jump to: