Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:27:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: In Testing:Teens To Young Adult Without Going To College  (Read 143999 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Stimy

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2006, 04:52:55 am »

I've read all the posts and now I got a headache... Wink

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to use any combination of these hacks to get the following options:

If it possible to have YA that live in the normal hood that don't go to collage?
If it is possible to move the entire collage system to the normal hood?
If it possible to have YA that live at home and go to collage?
If it is possible to have YA that live in dorms in the normal hood and go to collage?

If this is possible which files of the ones made should I download?
Ozzucay

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2006, 07:15:19 am »

1) Use Teen to Young Adult No College v. 1.1
2) Use the College Interactions on any lot mod
3) You should be able to with the 2 mods above
4) I'm not sure what would happen with a dormitory in a normal neighborhood. You could try in a neighborhood you set up for testing. Try putting a dormitory lot in your normal neighborhood. I suggest building one then use the changelotzoning dorm cheat in the normal hood.

Read A Lovely Tale! Currently in Chapter 21
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2006, 02:18:20 pm »

Just letting you know this mod prevents pets from aging and reproducing. Otherwise all YA interactions for college work fine.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2006, 04:16:33 pm »

Thanks for letting me know.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
jphill11

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2006, 07:23:16 am »

I have this mod and my pets age normally.  I did have a problem with pets not aging which appeared to have been caused by Jase's no adult to elder hack (which isn't compatible with this mod either.)  I removed that and now have this and my pets age and reproduce with no problems.
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2006, 11:12:36 am »

Quote from: jphill11
I have this mod and my pets age normally.  I did have a problem with pets not aging which appeared to have been caused by Jase's no adult to elder hack (which isn't compatible with this mod either.)  I removed that and now have this and my pets age and reproduce with no problems.

I didn't have Jase's no adult to elder hack and I removed all hacks from my game but this one and was still having problems with pets aging and reproducing. Once I took this hack out I had no problems...
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2006, 11:54:56 am »

I just posted a pets compatible version of this mod.

JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2006, 05:12:32 pm »

Quote from: Squinge
I just posted a pets compatible version of this mod.

Doh, I forgot to subscribe to this thread and didn't see you updated it, thanks squinge!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2006, 08:47:39 pm »

Your welcome Smiley that is why I always post a reply to each thread for people that don't subscribe.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 05:57:51 pm by Squinge » Logged

JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2006, 05:53:12 pm »

bah, for some reason my stupid teen won't grow up into a YA. He lives at home alone with his 2 dogs. I've tried forcing him to grow up, I tried moving him out of the house and back into it... so far nothing is working... He goes through all the motions of growing up... the spinny thing they do but then kind of jumps out of it and is still a teen. boolprop shows no errors either... and no mod conflicts in my game either...

Edit: I sent him to college and he grew up no problem so it can't be a problem with aging or YAs. It has to be something to do with being a YA on a residential lot.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 07:07:52 pm by JadeInsane » Logged
JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2006, 12:10:59 pm »

So I've tested this again since the Insim came out and even with the temporal adjuster my teen would not become a YA on a residential lot. Running the hack conflict detection utility only came up with 3 conflicts and none were files that I've ever had a problem with before and have been using them all since before pets came out without any problems. None of them seem capable of breaking this mod either.

As I said in my last post sending teens to Uni will allow them to age, but the whole point of this mod is to avoid the stupid Uni neighborhood. Is there a way I can move my YA from Uni back into the main neighborhood without him aging?

Also once again there were no error logs, the sims does the spin thing but remains a teen. I'm so lost as to what to try to get this working for me.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2006, 12:50:54 pm »

which mods were in the conflict report?

JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2006, 01:07:56 pm »

nolamehires was conflicting with OFBHireYA (which I removed just in case) and OFB_CommunitySkilling was conflicting with Smonaff_Jogging(AllowSkillBuilding)

I haven't tried aging my sim into a YA since I removed that mod, I'll try it now and see if it works.

Edit: Ok, I tested this again and I am able to force my sim into being a YA with the temporal adjuster. But I can't force grow up when he is a teen, he still does the spin but nothing else happens.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:26:52 pm by JadeInsane » Logged
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2006, 03:37:23 pm »

I just updated the EP4 version this update should fix the problem with teens not aging to YA.

JadeInsane

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2006, 03:45:18 pm »

Thanks Squinge!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: