Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:43:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WIP] Orc, True Hawtness.  (Read 5853 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
psyhcopig

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 02:55:20 pm »

So, I've wanted for SOOOO Long to have a playable Orc character...Within the past few days, I got sick of searching (And only coming up to find like...One female orc, I think...) So, I decided to try my hand at my own!...I'm actually quiet pleased. This is, By no means a final version. This is, to say, Just a bit of a tease of what I'm working on...Hoping I can maybe get some interest sparked about Orcs...((Because I do love them so...))

Anywho, Credits to Beos and Marvine for Making the BodyBuilder set, Then to Montoto_Sk For making the Bear BodyBuilder ((Which I just drool a bit over everytime I play...Man I LOVE that creation.))

This is just a basic Recolor right now really...Till My Tablet starts to like me again...As well as Photoshop...((Using Gimp is such a pain compared to Photoshop..Well..Since I know everything in photoshop..-Sigh.-))

But anywho. I took the BearBody Builder Showerproof, and Recolored it, and enlarged/re-hued the nipples. I think I MIGHT Have attempted to darken the finger/toe nails...But I had to redo that like 3 times, Can't remember if I did it in this one...

First time Uploading ANYTHING...Ever...So...I think it was said the new Body Shop Packages meshes with it...If not, I've got the Clean Installer File list up.

Soon to come -

Different Orcish tones.

Orcish_Green - The basic Orc Green, The one on this sim, basically, But It will become more detailed, till soon it's no longer just a recolor. =3
Orcish_GreenWoof - I will be making Hairy Version of each tone. These I will wait till I have Tablet access to do. That, or till I can get my friends shirt off for textures. Rawr. x3
Orcish_Light/Woof - Will be a Yellow-Green Version
Orcish_Dark/Woof - It will either be a dark, foresty green, or a Dark Green-Blue

I thought about Meshing my own body shape...But...I feel the Bear Body Builder really has the form covered. The Face is the main thing on this sim. I tried to closely copy a picture I took of an Orc from The Elder Scroll: Oblivion, Since I absolutely LOVE Their orcs. I'll most likely go in and try and add some texture to the face later on..((Again, once I have tablet access...-Sigh.))

Anywho. Hope You guys Enjoy!

Also... If anyone could explain why Whenever I take a picture In-game Using the camera function and Pressing "c"...Why It takes pictures, but...Only saves them Into two files in my Storytelling folder, it saves them as "Screenshot" and "Snapshot" Repeatedly saving pictures over the same file...Thus why the picture is so small...-Sigh.-

And come on! Let's get some Orcish Rep! There's got to be SOME IN the community, if only a small group that would love orcs to walk aside their elves!

* Orc_Ledge_Basic.rar (3938.12 KB - downloaded 327 times.)

* Screenshot.png (250.18 KB, 400x300 - viewed 1404 times.)

* Orc_Ledge_Basic.png (5.15 KB, 465x124 - viewed 1173 times.)

* Oblivion2.png (195.06 KB, 375x438 - viewed 1201 times.)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 03:14:18 pm by psyhcopig » Logged
J00wish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 03:24:04 pm »

Wow! It's hard to tell from the first picture, but is he the same character as in your avatar? The skintone is awesome.

"Cant sleep... Clown will eat me." -- Bart Simpson  

Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 03:55:16 pm »

Yay for Orcs! It looks great psyhcopig!
The orcs on Oblivion are amazing, I love how grumpy they are xD

psyhcopig I think maybe the problem with your Storytelling folder may be that you are not looking in the right storytelling folder.
If you look in the My Documents > EA games > The Sims 2 > Storytelling folder, that will only have your most recent screenshot in I think.
What you need is My Documents > EA games > The Sims 2 > Neighbourhoods > Neighbourhood [-whichever number-] > Storytelling
This should contain all your screenshots from every lot / family in that neighbourhood.
Sorry in advance if this isn't it, and if it sounds patronising, that's really not my intention, I'm just not great at explaining^^;
psyhcopig

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 04:48:27 pm »

Awesome..Okay....So I found the pictures. Thanks a Bunch!...But...The other problem is...The pictures are coming out at Almost seemingly random resolution size...Some are like, 100by70 or something, other's 600by400, other's 400by500..Or..Along those lines.

I just used Print Screen to nab these shots.

And Yeah, He's Generally the same character...The "Orc" Base type face...Is what I used for my character Ledge in my Avatar. I was really surprised that I could even accomlish a look in face which was even CLOSELY Similar...But, I suppose I never went in depth with many characters...

I Also just threw together the dark and light tones...Which I'll have to redo. Too much color adjustment has ruined the texture, But, You can get the idea!

* ScreenShot007.png (556.77 KB, 539x729 - viewed 1130 times.)

* ScreenShot005.png (619.85 KB, 579x710 - viewed 1142 times.)

* ScreenShot008.png (172.62 KB, 628x687 - viewed 1048 times.)

* ScreenShot009.png (253.22 KB, 580x654 - viewed 1080 times.)

* ScreenShot011.png (353.25 KB, 729x741 - viewed 1078 times.)
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2008, 05:07:05 pm »

Hey^^ This might be because you changed the picture size in game?
The 100by70 are probably the thumbnail pictures - which the game seems to create for each screenshot you make.
600x400 seems to be the largest size you can have pictures by changing the options in game.
If you haven't adjusted these options then I have no idea why you're getting more than two different picture size, I only get snapshot [which is 600x400 as far as I can remember] and thumbnail [which is very small indeed Shocked]

I usually use print screen because the quality of the pictures is much better and you can get a decent sized snap.^^
psyhcopig

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 05:11:38 pm »

-Sigh.- Was hoping it could go higher.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 05:19:13 pm »

Yea it's a bit of a pain, but I think there are like... independent [don't know if that's the right word..] screenshot programs, like.. Fraps, is that what it's called? Maybe there's one like that which works for sims 2 and doesn't include any control panels or anything?^^
I just make do with print screen :S
Anywho I'll stop spamming up your thread now^^;
monkeynolike

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 02:33:52 pm »

yeah OMG Orcies!!!! Um So when will you have them all figd out with the hair and all? and um are u planning on making them compatable with the fetish c*ck mesh?
psyhcopig

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 04:41:55 pm »

I'm Actually working on the..."Anatomically Correct" Skin color now. For CBoy's thing. If you give me a link to the Fetish mesh, I'll make a recolor for it. And...This project was only started a day or two ago...So, Since I want do to a CUSTOM Body hair job, It'll take some time. But I assure you, It will get done. =3 I LOVES Me some Orcs...And Hairy Orcs...And...Ect. -Cough.-

Edit: And Actually, If it comes down to it. I Might just Recolor Montoto_Sk's Hairy Tones, Till I can get around to doing my custom job. ((-Growls.- I really want to do it! It's just...Currently my PC won't even RUN Photoshop, much less allow my Tablet to work with anything bu Paint.Net...-Sigh.- I NEED Photoshop + Tablet to make goodness. q.q))

The Link to the "Adult" WIP for the Orcs is here - On InsimAdult - *WHOOPSIES! No direct links to adults sites please...we're pg-13 here*
Should have the ...Anatomically Corrections done by the end of the night, and uploaded. I
HOPE.

Edit Again: Okay...Found the Fetish C--- page...I'll search around for a tutorial on how to combine meshes, But, It won't be my top priority ATM. But I assure you, if it's requested, I'll try to me greatest abilities...Meshing's still new to me. Recoloring's pretty easy, just takes me a bit of time because I kinda...Like to get it right. :x -COUGHSemiPerfectionistCOUGH.-
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:29:50 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:37 pm »

I had to remove the direct link in your post, sorry. We're pg 13, so you can't direct link to adult sites.

Take a look at this thread for some great picture taking tips Smiley Also, I never use the in game camera. Some people will use the PrtScn key for taking pics, but it's a pain in the keister. I use Gadwin PrintScreen, while others use Fraps. I've had both and prefer Gadwin. You can take pictures as big as your monitor resolution, if you like (with either program), but you just have to remember pictures posted to this site have to be resized to 600 x 600 or less Smiley I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the improvement in pic quality using either of these programs.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops!

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
psyhcopig

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 10:21:13 pm »

Meep. Sorry About the Link...Was Hesitant on putting it. :x Wasn't sure if posting one to InsimAdult was okay or not.

Haha, And yeah, I'm Using Gadwin. Love the Non-Notification thing. Just "Pop" and it's saved. A beautiful thing really. :x And again Sorry on the Picture size.

To Add to the project...
I've thought of something else. >:O I'm going to be on a rampage searching for good Orcish Beards...If There's a lacking...I suppose that's another thing to tack onto the list... :x With the lack of interest in orcs in the community though...I'm having a feeling I'm going to find a lacking. ((Braided beards, mostly is what I'll be looking for. For some reason..Orcs love braids. x.x))

I think my Next step for sure though, is to Recolor some of the current Hairy Skin tones...As soon as I get the anatomical corrections finished. The beard thing is daunting, but exciting too. Since I've never worked with Custom meshes before. x3

Sorry again for all the mistakes!
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »

Wow, I love playing Orc in oblivion Cheesy Now I can play him in the sims Cheesy Thank you so much for sharing Cheesy:D

Clarissa xx

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: