Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 02:32:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Application has crashed message since installing freetime  (Read 12289 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:41:32 pm »

Ive reinstalled freetime and added pets but when I went to do the cooking contest,after i won and was going to re-enter,a message comes up saying this application has crashed,the sims 2 will now terminate!,I always seem to get this messages whenever I have freetime installed.

Ive checked through my downloads with clean installer and no red flags.

Ive freed up 10 gb of hard drive space whereas pre-freetime and pets I had about 2gb and no problems,I had everything else installed as well up to bon voyage except though  ikea,glamour and kitchen and bath packs.

I dont think ive installed the offical freetime patch if this would help?

Could it be the simenator mods? for some reason after downloading them nethier inteen or insim are showing up in the game,just my downloads.

Could it be that I installed both mods before installing freetime? even though I didnt play that game until I installed freetime and pets in that order.?

Im so completely baffled.

I have a decent graphics card.1.8 ghz cpu. 512 of ram. 10 gb left of hard drive space after installing everything.lol.

For some reason this problem always happens when ive got my freetime game installed. ive never been able to find out whats wrong.this time round I was able to play a lot for a lot longer.This problem seems to occur at community lots overall. This was maxis community lot that I visted.

Sorry for the essay,if anybody can help,offer tips i would be most grateful,id rather try to combat the problem rather than admit defeat again and uninstall freetime.:-P
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 03:49:38 pm »

Hi^^
This happened to me a few days ago, the log said 'ACCESS VIOLATION' and I got the same message when it crashed - only mine crashed when trying to adopt a pet.
EA told me to just reinstall, so I did, and that worked.

Hopefully someone else has some better and less tedious solutions than a reinstall, but reinstalling worked for me =)
Pierre
Retiered from the sims2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 04:38:35 pm »

Quote from: simpleprincess;1341266
Ive reinstalled freetime and added pets but when I went to do the cooking contest,after i won and was going to re-enter,a message comes up saying this application has crashed,the sims 2 will now terminate!,I always seem to get this messages whenever I have freetime installed.

Ive checked through my downloads with clean installer and no red flags.

Ive freed up 10 gb of hard drive space whereas pre-freetime and pets I had about 2gb and no problems,I had everything else installed as well up to bon voyage except though  ikea,glamour and kitchen and bath packs.

I dont think ive installed the offical freetime patch if this would help?

Could it be the simenator mods? for some reason after downloading them nethier inteen or insim are showing up in the game,just my downloads.

Could it be that I installed both mods before installing freetime? even though I didnt play that game until I installed freetime and pets in that order.?

Im so completely baffled.

I have a decent graphics card.1.8 ghz cpu. 512 of ram. 10 gb left of hard drive space after installing everything.lol.

For some reason this problem always happens when ive got my freetime game installed. ive never been able to find out whats wrong.this time round I was able to play a lot for a lot longer.This problem seems to occur at community lots overall. This was maxis community lot that I visted.

Sorry for the essay,if anybody can help,offer tips i would be most grateful,id rather try to combat the problem rather than admit defeat again and uninstall freetime.:-P

Hello

I know what your going through when i see that freetime crash i have to reinstall it as well but here is a tip try doing a disk cleanup see following pictures

next you can do a disk defragmentation witch can eliminate the old files see picture

Good luck and hope this can help you

Please do not pm me about happysimmers this site has been close now if you need any thing please look up this forum thank youhttp://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »

Have you tried completely moving your Downloads folder out of your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder, and then playing and testing that part of the game out?  It's a possibility you may have a mod hidden in there somewhere... and believe it or not, Clean Installer will sometimes skip over highlighting certain hacks in red.  

Try that and see what happens after doing that.  If it doesn't do it, you may have to remove all of your mods and make sure each of them are updated accordingly to the EPs you have.  :angel:

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 02:11:18 am »

Thank you for all your help!. How does it explain the siminators not showing up?
I dont know how to get the disk cleanup window to show up ethier? im worried doing that might erase my downloads though!.

It seems alot of people have had problems with freetime crashing at the cook off community lot!.

Ive since installed a freetime patch if it helps.

It might be that ive not turned off background tasks?

Could it be installing pets after installing freetime?

Could the problem even be the mixture of eps I have are both american ones and british ones?

I think all my downloads are up to date,I make sure I only download things for the exps I have already.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 02:17:52 am by simpleprincess » Logged
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 05:46:35 am »

Disk cleanup can be accessed through Start > Accessories > SystemTools > Disk Cleanup or by typing cleanmgr in the Run window.^^

Even if you install EPs in the wrong order they are supposed to sort themselves out, but that doesn't always seem to happen, so that could be an issue :S

My game experienced this issue but I had installed them in the correct order.^^
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:05:48 am »

The FreeTime patch is really iffy.

Backround tasks can hinder gameplay. Turn them off. Anti-Virus/FireWall, you name it. I always turn mine off. Even though I don't have to. It's a habit I picked up years ago.

I've always installed my disks in the order they came out. Never once had a problem. But, I own only up to OFB.

I really don't think the American/British disks would present a problem. I could be wrong on that one.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 04:13:58 pm »

Im going to start tearing my hair out with my game lol.!!!
Im determined ton get to the bottom of it

Ok I disk fragmented.
disabled background tasks.
played game
ok in home lot
second I enter the food contest the message comes again

I think that food challenge doesnt like custom sims?
it was a custom sim entering the contest.

I wonder if it would help to copy and paste all my downloads onto here,maybe someone can see something I dont?
EKozski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 04:17:56 pm »

Try entering the the food contest with a Sim that isn't custom made and see what happens.

The Sims 3.........NO!
 Resident Creator at ColorSims
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »

Have you removed all of your downloads to try the food contest?  If it works without crashing, then we can narrow the problem down to a mod/CC.

If on the other hand it doesn't work, download and install the FT patch.  The word "iffy" is being bandied about with no links to where the "iffiness" is talked about.  FT has had 3 patches done to it, and the 3rd patch that is available at the TS2 website seems pretty solid.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:34:15 am »

Will removing the downloads erase my familes and their houses? im a bit scared to do it. I can move them all into another folder? for eg I have a the frell family in a custom lot,im worried they will be gone?

im going to try today to go the cook off thing with a maxis sim. see what happens.

Its odd cos I can play for more than an hour on the home lots,but theres trouble in the community lots.

My custom sim married to a maxis sim so ill take him to the cook off see what happens.

ive already downloaded the freetime patch.

Any idea why the simenators are not showing up? [ insim and inteen]
theryre the freetime versions.
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 06:45:19 am »

Removing all downloads shouldn't remove the lots, they just won't be in the lot bin anymore. Families will have no custom content on them and will be replaced with Maxis skins, eyes, hair etc.
If you save your family they will stay with Maxis defaults, so you might not want to save your game after removing the custom content to check.^^
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 07:12:54 am »

So once put back, will it be as before? I worked so hard on my "hood"
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 07:24:15 am »

If you haven't saved on any lots when the content has been removed, when the content is back in the folder everything should be as it was before the content was removed ^^
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 08:20:41 am »

The lots in the Lot Bin will still be in that location, as installed lots are installed into the Teleport and LotCatalog folders.  So no worries.  Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: