Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:51:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Application has crashed message since installing freetime  (Read 12258 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
gali

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 05:36:59 pm »

My opinion is, that Free Time is a "dangerous" EP, which clashes with many previous CC/downloads, even if they pass the check of the Clean Installer.

My friend has an enormous number of glitches, since she installed it. After seeing her glitched pictures - I decided not to buy this EP.
HobbesED

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 05:48:23 pm »

You have one or more corrupted or incompatible files in your downloads folder since you didn't get the crash when you played without the downloads folder.

If you want to identify the file(s) causing the problem and only delete those (not all 32 character unnamed files are "bad"), then you need to take a systematic approach to find them. I've got 25,000+ files in my download folder and have had to do this several times.

Just remember, while doing this without all of your files in the downloads folder to NOT SAVE the game when exiting when the game doesn't crash.

As others have recommended, take half your downloads and move them out to a different folder - call it "suspect01" or something. Run the game, see if it crashes. If no crash, then move the files in your downloads folder to a folder on your desktop called "checked01" ("checkedxx" files being files which didn't cause the game to crash). If it did crash, take half of the original files and move them into "suspect02" and try again with the files still in the downloads folder.

Keep taking half of your "suspect" files and try the game with just them in downloads. (By keeping the "checkedxx" files out of downloads once you know they work, you reduce the loading time of the game.)

It's a long process, but it keeps you from deleting files that are valid files and may contain content you want. If you eventually try every "suspectxx" folder - even after you identify the first file causing a crash, you will find other corrupt files if you have more than one.

It is slightly possible that it a conflict between two files in your downloads folder causing the crash but let's hope that's not the problem -- that is even more difficult and time-consuming to identify (and is rarely the case).

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:00:52 pm by HobbesED » Logged

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 03:33:14 pm »

I managed to play for all afternoon and evening before it crashed on me again at a custom wedding lot. loading some of the communitys took ages,it would go to a blue screen with an hour glass. I took a custom sim out, I had no problems at nightlifes londoste resturant though,that loaded fine,played fine and was able to go home fine. I did go to ameilias closet first before going onto the wedding lot. so sstrange.

Ill attempt the downloads thing tommorow.
Roxy2004

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 12:48:23 am »

Quote from: simpleprincess;1341266

I have a decent graphics card.1.8 ghz cpu. 512 of ram. 10 gb left of hard drive space after installing everything.lol.

For some reason this problem always happens when ive got my freetime game installed. ive never been able to find out whats wrong.this time round I was able to play a lot for a lot longer.This problem seems to occur at community lots overall. This was maxis community lot that I visted.

Sorry for the essay,if anybody can help,offer tips i would be most grateful,id rather try to combat the problem rather than admit defeat again and uninstall freetime.:-P

What operating system? Vista alone takes almost 1gb of ram to run.  What is the graphic card?  Do you have dedicated memory on it?  Are you playing with all the ep's and sp's?  I help out on the bbs and the general feeling is that for all ep's you need at least 2 gb's of ram to make game run right.  The cpu is to low for 512 gb ram.  Plus Bon Voyage and Freetime have memory leaks that eat up your resources.  In addition the longer you have played and the bigger your hoods, again more resources.  You also play with a lot of cc(me too) and that takes resources.

EA's minimum requirements to play the game have always been to low and more and more are starting to have crashing problems.

simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2008, 10:37:08 am »

I just bought this computer from ebay,will it be ok for it?
Was it a good choice? good price?
im giving him the money wednedsay!
is that wise?
would love your opinion!.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290253509881#ebayphotohosting

Right now I can only play for half an hour before crashing. Your all sure I wont lose much deleteing those 32 character files? im too scared to do it.lol.
Just wondering if it will solve it all by getting a much better computer as above or one very simmilar that ive found.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 04:42:15 pm by simpleprincess » Logged
wanda1000

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 01:47:31 pm »

80 gb hard drive is small. I have 160 gb with 2gbs ram and I know it isn't enough. Just with basics, windows xp and sims2.. I only have 1/4 of my hard drive space free.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: