Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 05:22:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't even boot up game!  (Read 4717 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Simz

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:16:04 am »

Ok, whenever I click on TS2 or BS it says "Required resource not found, please re-install Sims 2/Body Shop" I try it, it still doesn't work. I have Leopard, so yes, I install to the Applications folder. I have everything up to BV, and no Stuff Packs. Also, I can't install OFB. PLEASE HELP!

I have always hated the darkness.
The darkness within the human soul.
Within my soul.
I have always hated a part of myself.
~Raven
rosidbon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:24:28 pm »

Did you do a clean fresh install when adding BV? I always find that the simplest thing to do is to save all the files that you want to keep from your game somewhere safe and then trash everything making sure to un-install all relevant sims2 files from everywhere on your hard drive including the plist files.
Once everything has definitely gone, start installing the games in order, base game, university, nightlife, ofb, pets, seasons, bv. You do have to install it all in the applications folder. Remember to also have the correct edition of all mods, cep etc.
This is the way i get the game to work, or at least to boot up. After I actually get to play the game, things go down hill, in terms of crap happening all the time, from there.
Hope this helps.
rickzoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 05:46:52 pm »

i had the same thing happen recently, but i had saved copies of my core game files and saved game files.  when i put those files back in, everything was fine.  

rosidbon, are you saying that the same thing  has happened to you ("required resource..."_ and that by doing what you suggest, it corrected itself?
ladyrose

I build Simu-Houses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:54:54 am »

I had the same problem, and I heard its something to do with the intel processors in the macs now, so I hopped over to aspyr to get the combo update. That got OFB working, now I'm just having trouble with it installing stuff all over the place and having to find the files haha.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: