Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 10:34:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 (In Comparison)  (Read 18368 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Reyn

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 12:35:58 pm »

For my own part, I expect I'll get Sims 3 anyway - except for a few harder to find sim games early, I've gotten everything from simcity on.

I'm not worried about the graphics.  Skins are textures, and thus replaceable, since they keep repeating we can use our own textures.  Eyes and the like being on a slider for colour is no big, either - you make a greyscale texture to replace and it should work - its how its done in SL, and it means less clogging of recolours.  Imagine having to only do one eye in a texture instead of 7 or 8 to get shades you want?

On the other hand, the things I'd like the most still aren't in game, as far as I've been able to find out.  No round walls, no diagonal stairs, and both are things that interior design programs have had for 15 years now, even the ones you can just buy to play with.  Surely they could do them with the sims.

But my biggest issue is that they have securom and seem to be heading for Steam as well - and I'm not really partial to either.  Nor am I fond of them charging -me- an arm and a leg, then forcing me to have advertising in my -games-.  Ads are one reason I watch little television. Tongue

Fear the Fox of Fancifulness, for I shall cause attacks of....fancifulness.
A proud soldier in the Animal Army [ Click to learn how to enlist ]
A proud contributor to Free Sites[ Click to see my creations ]
Ariel Dursley, House Hufflepuff - Hogwarts Experience
You cannot take which is given freely, but you are free to look stupid trying.
xOpenguinzOx

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 01:00:44 pm »

I totally and completely disagree.
You're comparing The Sims 3 to these games?
In these games, they end when you finally solve the mystery...whereas in TS3, it never ends.
And in these games, they have a lot of stuff you can do...but can you make them do anything you want them to do? In these, you have to do what it tells you, or you won't win.
In TS3, you do whatever you want.

And you like TS2 better, I assume?
Did you forget how UGLY the sims were before the CC?
How TERRIBLE the eyes looked before CC?
How HIDEOUS the clothes were before CC?

And yes, of course there are some of the same objects. Okay....a LOT of the same objects.
But it looks a lot better in this game that in TS2, in my opinion.
And the dad's shave??
Maybe he LIKES IT LIKE THAT?!?!?!

You can't expect EVERYTHING to be new.
And did you even notice the angle that the couch was at?
And the angle that the easels were at?
And the chairs?

I'm not trying to come off as mean or anything like that, but you people look at the bad things and complain a lot more than you look at the good things.

If you don't like the game so much, JUST DONT BUY IT.
And there are much better places to vent your inner feelings than the internet. I recommend you buy a journal.

I'm so sorry that i sound really mean and stuck up right now, but it really pushes my buttons when people try to use the internet as their personal journal.
I understand that you are only trying to know what other people think, but if you've already decided not to buy it, then why are you still complaining?

I would understand if you were still trying to decide wether or not to buy it, but geez!

I dont think i should go any further into how frustrated I am.......

Im so sorry that I have to sound so mean =/

:kiss: :kiss:
Penguinz

My mind is my prison.....I spend most of my time trying to escape it.
fornax

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 02:19:49 pm »

Some of my comments are shared with "openguin" above, I'm not here to defend EA but one must look at the sims and other "close-ended" games like Crysis differently.  True, EA's graphics still leave quite a bit to be desired, and that's because I don't think that with their actual programming skills EA could produce a game that would run well on the majority of PC's out there, actual proof of this is the poorly coded expansion packs coming out, they've lost touch with the openness of their own game and regardless of the money we've put in their pockets they have decided to let it be as it is.  It looks like with TS3 things will be different, the single 'hood tells me they're trying to maintain more control of the overall game.  From the beginning, the TS3 screenshots haven't looked right to me; more like clay-molded figures and cartoonish faces that don't appear to be the next "higher-up" stage to the evolution of TS2 3D characters.  The rest of the graphics look OK, not at all like typical 3D rendered PC graphics but good overall.  Recently I've read about the simultaneous development of the PC and console versions, and that's where I really get suspicious about TS3 in that its looks appear to be those of a game being ported from a console version instead of a game originally developed for the PC like TS2.  If so, that would explain the relatively short release date (from the time it was officially announced), the single neighborhood, and the graphics.  I'm still a hard core fan of TS2 for its highly customizable nature and general openness, and I'm sorry if anyone is offended for my lack of trust in EA, but for the past 2 years they've proven time and again that they will attempt to sell what THEY want to sell and not what we want or like.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 02:26:29 pm by fornax » Logged
clarice

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 07:30:33 pm »

Personally, i'm very much looking forward to the sims 3. While the graphics may not have improved much, the sims do look slightly more real with each game, and the game play, well, i've been waiting for that ever since i started playing multiple families in the sims 2 (Do you realize how ANNOYING it is to make yourself and your Boyfriend as teens, and have them grow up, but have one end up turning into a young adult before the other so they can no longer date? Ugh.).

A LOT of work has gone into this game to get the details of game play just so. i'm excited to see how it turns out.

Someone mentioned the 60s-80s clothing. What you have to realize is that the sims 3 is set BEFORE the sims 1, so of course it will have "outdated" clothing. You can always mod it to look newer. They give you this option now. And on the question of player created custom content, well, i'm sure Maxis wouldn't make that impossible - they LOVE seeing our new clothing and hair, and they encourage us to make mods. What they are doing by putting customization into the game is making it easier for those who don't know how to mod or don't have the software to do so. You know. People like me, for instance. ^_^

Personally, i'm very much looking forward to this game, as i can FINALLY play how i've wanted to. i'll also be looking forward to custom content by players. And, plus... i'm a 60's child at heart, so i think the clothes are rad. tongue

clarice.
lruthy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2009, 01:06:23 pm »

I'm really confused why there are so many people who are so pessimistic about The Sims 3! EA hasn't let us down yet with The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 and I really think that there are a lot of good ideas put into this game. The characters will look more realistic when CC is out (and you know that if you compare a person with cc to one without in The Sims 2 it isn't exactly pretty).
Just because some of the furniture is the same doesn't mean that the game is going to be exactly the same. There are so many new things with The Sims 3.
Anyway I just think that if you don't want to get The Sims 3 don't, but really you don't have the game yet so how can you say it's crappy?
zaphod08

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2009, 05:20:13 pm »

I've played Oblivion, but not all the way through. A bug stopped me from finishing the game. I'll tell you one major difference with sims vs any RPG I've ever played. Housing. In Oblivion, you can buy several houses, a pay to furnish them. But that's all. You can't built a castle from the foundation up, you can't decide what house will look like as well. And yes, you can create the character you run, but only that one character. Other games like Fable you can buy houses, grow older and get married, but the character interaction is extemely limited, as is your choices for homes and mates. Plus no children. The only thing I'd love to see with Sims, would be an RPG fantasy setting, so your Sim can go out on quests, fight monsters (like in spore) and still have total freedom as to creating homes and characters.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2009, 03:31:58 am »

Not all sims 2 maxis were ugly, I think dina is nice, there wa smostly jsut one head I liked and 2 0r 3 hairystles, I agree the clothes and make up were bad though.
persilwasmiddel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2009, 10:41:00 am »

I think the gameplay in sims 3 will be much more fun. I'm getting pretty bored now with only 5 personality types. More will be great. If the game allows modding, I hope better skins arrive. And hacks are possible. If not, I'll save sims 3 for my kids.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: