Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:27:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having an issue with my infant override  (Read 1712 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:28:49 pm »

Ok I feel so dumb for having to ask because Ive been using them forever and I know how they work and the whole only one allowed rule and all that.

Well I was using Tenshi's (sp? sorry) pale yellow onesie mostly because I was using her tutorial to make my own baby clothes quite a while ago. Well I downloaded some new clothes last night from this site, I think they are from TheRaven, the cute ones with the hats and pacifiers.

Well anyway I took the entire folder that held all of my infant overrides out of my downloads folder, I completely deleted it so everything in it would just go away and I could start over fresh. Well today I had a baby boy born in game and it was wearing the pale yellow onesie AND the hat and pacifier.

Now that hat and pacifier look funny....they basically look like the baby's face and its all skin colored. The onesie looks fine.

So I figured the issue was I must have the file for the onesie still in my downloads folder somewhere so I go in and do a search word for word of the file and it didn't find it anywhere in my downloads which seems odd to me because it wouldn't be in my game if it wasn't in my downloads folder.

Even weirder in the family picture when I'm loading the lot it shows the baby wearing the outfit from TheRaven but in game its the onesie.

anyone know how I can fix this without having to get rid of all my downloads, it would take me days to go through them one by one.

EDIT: I figured it out. I did have the file in my downloads......not really sure why the search didn't find it but I'm glad it was in an easy spot and it was easy to find and fix, sorry for the duh moment lol I'm usually smarter at figuring things out before turning to posting pointless posts.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 12:36:40 am by ferrischick99 » Logged

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
JohnnyDeppLuva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:38:03 am »

i downloaded the outfits from theraven aswell the ones with the hat and pacifier and they were working fine but i wanted to use a different outfit so i deleted the outfit from my downloads and added another one but in game the first outfit was still showing up, i searched my downloads but there was nothing in it, to be save i deleted my entire downloads folder and played the game without custom content but the outfit is still showing up, can anyone help me ? i dunno how to get rid of the outfit and there is nothing at all in my downloads folder so how can it still be working ?

Ever noticed how fast windows runs?
Neither have I
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 08:42:47 am »

:scratch:  Odd... have you checked to see if it ended up anywhere else in your C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder?  (Like in your SavedSims folder or any of the other folders?)  I'm not sure why it would keep showing up if it's not in the Downloads folder.

Have you tried performing a search on your computer for that specific file's name?  You might actually find it easier that way.  :angel:

JohnnyDeppLuva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:50:27 am »

i deleted everything from my saved sims folder and its working now even tho i didn't put them in my savedsims folder

Thanks for all the help Smiley

Ever noticed how fast windows runs?
Neither have I
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 02:05:52 pm »

No problem.  Glad you got it working.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print