Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:04:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sims 3 Release Date  (Read 17234 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pico22

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 09:11:09 pm »

I think that delay has more to do with the Spore fiasco and SuckyROM/DRM mess than anything else. They can hardly afford another fiasco with their best-selling game; also, they are probably waiting to see which way all those lawsuits will be going. And if they sre not sure by June they will think of another excuse and move the date to September.

But worry not. We can all play Duke Nukem Forever while we are waiting.  Grin
kizzy

Silence! I keel you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 01:30:00 am »

OMFG I was soooooooooo totally pissed when I went to my local walmart to find the game only to learn that it had in fact not been released thursday AND that it would be like another 4 freakin months before it's supposedly released for real. NOT COOL! I was going to get the game as a birthday present to myself(my b-day was yesterday, I'm 26 now) and now I gotta wait. I'm mad!  Bleh GAH2 Cry2
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 01:41:13 am »

I think that delay has more to do with the Spore fiasco and SuckyROM/DRM mess than anything else.
It doesn't. TS3 will definitely be using it. We know because it is already there, I have seen the pix before they were taken down, showing BOTH SecuROM forms in operation.
roerzman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:40 pm »

we're getting close. es games is currantly on the nose big time within the gaming comunity, and as a result losing money hand over fist, not that their games are bad, they're quiet good, it's just their idiotic persistence with securom and several other rediculous drm. projects that have been leaked out that have got them to this stage, 1.2 million illegal coppies of spore and counting is a serious cash loss, and the vast majority done out of spite. ea games must get their next cash cow, sims 3 right or join the others in the corporate graveyard.
it's my opinion that sims 3, as it was to be released  in feb. would have been a major flop, securom, 10 day activation cycles, very little if none custom content etc. just to much negative press, if i were ea games i would be pulling the game and doing a major re-write, but thats just my opinion.
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 05:08:41 am »

Id actually happily wait until december if it meant them revamping the whole entire thing. Wink
weth1995

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 12:48:50 pm »

Yah. That really ticked me off like no other!  angry

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall i forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times."
nuttytartjan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 06:22:12 am »

i cant belive they put this game back to  june seams a life time away, come on sims 3 people whats the blooy hold up
simpleprincess
Princess in training.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2009, 11:43:17 am »

Its just 8 weeks or so now.lol
Knowing EaXIS they will change it again the day before.
geezy33

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:58 pm »

http://tymesaid.com/2009/the-sims-3-delayed-ea-lost-money-what-happened/
man they are delaying the game to june 3

Sorry no requests,I'm a townie maker and Maxis killer on maxis sims.
Welcome to Geezysims2:lurk:
VampyrMuffinMan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 02:31:29 am »

“In the case of Sims 3, we’re moving this title to June 3 to give us additional time to build the worldwide marketing campaign a title like this deserves,” said CEO John Riccitiello.

hehe...  hehe...  hahahah!!  Umm...  What a dumbass.  I guess it might make them more money in the short term (higher sales), but I think that in the end they are just shooting themselves in the foot.  The number of true fans of the game who are pissed off by the delay, knowing that it was *purely* a marketing decision will hopefully knock some sense into them.  No, I'm not going to even bother hoping that will be the case.

Check out my HubPages for useful computer tutorials.  [link under wolfie]
Feisty32
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 04:31:30 am »

could'nt have said it better myself VampyrMuffinMan. Grin angry
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: