Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:12:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my own sims2packs don't contain cc, pls help!  (Read 2461 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
girlboheme

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:46 pm »

I'm trying to create sims2packs of my people but I want their hairstyles, clothes and meshes and all their custom content to come with them.  I don't want to share these,  I just want to re-install them after I remove most of the cc in my downloads folder (that I stupidly downloaded all willy nilly like) so game runs faster.

So I figured if I left all the cc in, created sims2packs of my sims, then removed the gazillions of ridiculous cc, that I could simply install my sims2packs back and have only the cc I WANT to have so they look exactly as I made them. But when I do that, I get nothing, no hair - no tops of heads - even.  They are wearing the default clothes and all that.  And when I look at cleaninstaller, it doesn't list any cc, it just has one file.  The main one.

I have the following EPS:
nightlife, pets, bon voyage, freetime (but will get the rest by next week)

I'm doing it in bodyshop.  Could I be doing wrong?  Do I not have right EP's?  I really want to clean out my cc.

Help/information/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

(and I'm new Cheesy nice to meetcha)
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:19:49 am »

Quote from: girlboheme;1345933

So I figured if I left all the cc in, created sims2packs of my sims, then removed the gazillions of ridiculous cc, that I could simply install my sims2packs back and have only the cc I WANT to have so they look exactly as I made them. But when I do that, I get nothing, no hair - no tops of heads - even.

When you say that, do you mean you're deleting all the CC and only leaving the sim package?
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:55:54 am »

That's odd.  I know if you have any EP that's Pets or later and you package your sims, usually custom content and meshes are "supposed" to get included in the sims2pack files no matter what.  Not exactly sure why it's not working right for you... unless they did something with that in a later EP patch.  :scratch:  

Have you tried "re-cloning" the particular sims you want to keep (and the content that goes with them), then packaging them into .sims2pack files?  It's a long shot, but it might do something.  :dontknow:

girlboheme

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 03:14:12 pm »

Trepie22: yes, I am because I can't tell what half of it is and I'm trying to reorganize whatever I decide to download later...

Tenshii~Akari: yeah, that is what I thought too, but could it be because I've not downloaded my University yet?  

I've not tried recloning them.  I might try that.  I'm not sure how to do that, though.  But I have seen the option somewhere.  Originally I'd taken all thepeople in my games and saved them using SimPE, then I uploaded in BodyShop and packaged them.

Hm. I wonder if I should just go ahead and install University?  I wonder if that would help?  I just bought everything starting on July 30, so when I install everything, the patches tell me I've already got the latest edition.  

I'm super new at all of this (and so obsessed that a new computer is arriving next week and I've got just two EP's left to purchase :X) so I'm in it for the long haul Cheesy
Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:39:40 pm »

Quote from: girlboheme;1346805
Originally I'd taken all thepeople in my games and saved them using SimPE, then I uploaded in BodyShop and packaged them.

Hey^^
The same thing happens when I do this, as Tenshii~Akari said - cloning them fixes this. In Bodyshop click on Clone or Build Sims. When you get into the Clone/Build section, click on the sim you want to clone and then click the icon at the lower right side that says clone when your cursor is over it.
When you've done this, go back to the package sims menu and click on the first sim in the bin [this will be the sim you just cloned].
Then package the sim, it should only be packaged with what the sim is wearing, it's skin, eyes, hair, accessories, makeup etc, and nothing dodgy.

I have the EPs up to FreeTime so I'm not sure installing them makes any difference =)
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »

You don't have to install University to go through all that.  As long as you have an EP Pets or later already installed, re-cloning the sim (as explained very well  by Trepie) and packaging that new clone should help.  Wink

(...just tried it out myself, also... had a few sims that I had extracted directly from the game a while back and didn't clone them in Bodyshop before packaging them... turns out they had "bald head" syndrome, and their custom hairs didn't carry over with them... meaning no matter how hard I tried to give them new hair in Bodyshop, the hair bin wouldn't appear.  The hair issue is fixable in CAS though, but not in Bodyshop.  So the above about the direct "extract and package" problem definitely holds weight.  :angel: )

girlboheme

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:40:45 am »

:worship: well, that totally took care of my problem!  Thanks so much, you two!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:12:53 am »

Glad to help!  :smile bi:

Trepie22

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 09:39:46 am »

Same here Cheesy
Pages: [1]